1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Introduction - 2008 Prius new to me

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Chris Vedeler, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Chris Vedeler

Chris Vedeler Red Pepper

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wanted to introduce myself here. I have lurked for quite a while and have gotten so much money and time saving tips for my Prius I figured I might as well join in.

This is my 2nd Prius. My first was a brand new 2008, but I lost it in my divorce. I finally got around to getting another one. Again a 2008 but less than half the price of the new one. The power of buying a used car!

My new one has 137,000 miles on it, but I've got to tell you it drives like a new one. It was well taken care of. I just had the dealer look it over as they were doing the TSB work on the hybrid cooling pump and everything checked out great.

I changed the oil, spark plugs, air filter right after I got it. No telling how old that stuff was having bought it with so many miles. It looked pretty clean so I figure it was pretty well taken care of. I was going to change the "transmission" fluid, but when I checked it, it looked pretty good and according to the online Toyota records for my car it was changed at 99,000 miles. I'll change it at 150,000.

I can't believe how well it drives considering it has so many miles on it.

Any tips for me? It only has one key, which makes me a bit nervous.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats! get another key, it's a lot cheaper to get a second one than it is to replace when you don't have any. all the best!

3. Neohybrid

Neohybrid Not-so-junior member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Still have our 08 - gave it to our daughter when it had 45K on it. She'll be taking it to college next year and hopefully it will last her through undergrad. As much as she drives she'll probably see 150K. Just detailed it for her over the holiday break - looks almost as good as it did the day we bought it.

Congrats on finding another one in what sounds like great condition.

4. Handygeek

Handygeek Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any recommendations as to the best source for additional keys?

We just acquired a 2006 and it came with only one key.

Thanks!