1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter Control able spiral wrap protector...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Mike500, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Since the early 1980's I have bought the small 1/4 inch black weather resistant polymer spiral wrap at Radio Shack. I search everywhere for a larger version of the stuff to no avail. I just knew that I wanted some.

In 1998, Radio Shack was one of the premier electronics, tech and computer stores, having introduced the TRS80 home computer and opened super stores in San Diego and Houston, among other cities, called Incredible Universe.

In 1998, Radio Shack opened Tech America as a professional parts supplier.

I found and ordered 100 ft. of this 5/8 diameter spiral wrap in 1999. I just knew I wanted it. It was backordered for three weeks. When I got it, I just stored it away in my private stash.

Over the past three years on PriusChat, I read many posts on the vulnerability of the wiring for the inverter controller to damage by rodents and animals.

I first looked at the split corrugated thin split loom that is often sold at auto parts ad electronics stores for wire protection. But none of them were s thick and as rugged as the spiral wrap.

Finally, the weather was good and warm outside, yesterday. It took about an hour to wrap the cable bundle of thin wires, but the install looks very

While it might protect from a really determined animal, it is very good protection.

I used two pieces, but three separate pieces may be easier to install. It overlaps nicely and stays in place by itself.

Attached Files:

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    You had discovered The "Americas".......

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No, my name is not Amerigo Vespucci.