1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone 4s and connecting to entune for long trips

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by jwalker, Jul 25, 2012.

1. jwalker

jwalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I travel a lot and found on long road trips the battery on the Iphone dies after a couple of hours. So I of course use the USB chord to keep the phone charged. But now the phone locks up overheating. So I disconnect the phone from the USB and stick it in the vent slot for the ac to cool it back down.(fits nicely) Once cool I rehook it back up only to discover upon connecting it that pandora loses volume and I have to go thru the reconnect disconnect game till we get volume again. I am hoping someone has a better answer and can confirm this same problem.

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Where do you put the phone when it's plugged in to the USB port?

Most of the heat dissipation is from the back panel of the iPhone; I found that mine got very hot if I laid it down flat and face up, but if I put it face down it stayed cool.

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When you plug it back in it the phone switches the audio path back to the dock connector. Have you tried switching it back to Bluetooth to regain audio?

4. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. Erin Rothchild-Realtor

Erin Rothchild-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    My iphone stays plugged in the majority of the time I am in the car and only once has it gotten warm...i think laying it down face down does might make a difference as this is what I do as well and have not had any problems...did get a splitter at Radio Shack so I can plug my phone and my Garmin in at the same time. Not a fan of the GPS the car comes with.