1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod connection problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by radfish, May 6, 2012.

1. radfish

radfish New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Anybody know why I almost always have to start the car twice to connect my iPod? Most times when I start up it won't connect and I get a connection error message. As soon as I turn off and on again it always connects.

2. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    my 2012, will be a pain sometimes, if I plug in and the radio is on, I have to turn the radio off, then it resets itself.

3. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What kind of iPod, how are you connecting it, and which audio system do you have?

I have an iPod Classic that lives in my console and is always connected. When I start the car, the audio starts with whatever I was listening to when I shut the car off. If it's the iPod, it starts right up.

4. radfish

radfish New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's a little nano, but I have tried another iPod (an older nano, not a classic) and it does the same thing. I guess I could try my itouch and see if that works. Thanks.

5. radfish

radfish New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I tried a classic and it works fine. It must have something to do with the way the nano "sleeps" as opposed to the classic. Thanks for the help, that did it.