1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is A Prius Hood Swap Easy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by a_gray_prius, Nov 15, 2010.

1. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone swapped the hood on their car? I'm going to try and buy a hood from a crashed Prius this winter so I can stickerbomb it (cover it with stickers). I plan on getting it clearcoated when I'm done.

I'd like to know if there's anything more than unbolting the old hood and the washer nozzles and putting it all back on the replacement so I don't get myself into a project that's over my head.

Example of what I plan on doing:
    [​IMG]

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I assume that you intend to eventually replace the old hood when you get tired of advertising various brand names. In that case you might want to use a marker pen to outline where the hood hinges are currently located on the hood, to make it easier to reinstall the old hood at a later date.

Other than that, I think that you've got the process down. The hood, being made of aluminum, should be relatively light and easy to handle. Good luck.

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd be interested in a carbon fiber hood if such thing exists. Not an overlay.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid