1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a 10 or 12 disc CD Changer that Works

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by blulou, May 27, 2006.

1. blulou

blulou New Member

Well, I gave up on getting my Pioneer 12 disc FM modulated CD changer to work with my 2005 Prius with basic stero package. It can be hooked up but the sound is so bad because of the antenna system that it sounds like a week AM station at night. There just isn't an adapter that works for this changer that I can find for a price that makes sense.

I have grown very tired of the 1 disc Toyota system, but want more than the 6 disc Toyota changer upgrade (especially at the price they are wanting for it!). Is there an aftermarket CD changer that holds more than 6 discs that works with the Toyota factory basic stereo system? If not, is there a 6 disc changer that works with it at a price less that Toyota wants?

I have switched out the speakers, put in an amp and subwoofer, and not need the last piece to complete my puzzle. Please help me!!!! :blink:

2. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=842

Would something like this work? It's for iPod but also has an input for an external audio source! Direct sound via the changer port on the back of ALL single-play Prius radios. Then you can get your iPod AND your 10-12 disc changer.

I've a similar input device for my iPod but no extra input like this unit. Love that I get direct, non-FM modualted sound from my iPod...and it charges it and steering wheel controls work.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PACAUXBOX

Or this one?

Cheers,
    Curt.

3. blulou

blulou New Member

I would need a different adapter for my CD changer, but it might work. I just emailed CarDomain to see if they have a way to make my current CD Changer work with my factory stereo. If not, I asked if they have another multi disc system that works with my factory audio.

4. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blulou @ May 27 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]261820[/snapback]</div>
    I tried the USASpec with my 05 Prius and it didn't work. A number of people have reported that the Aux box works.
    The only problem with the Aux Box is that the audio level is lower than the radio or built-in CD player and you can't add an additional device, like Satellite radio. Still, I think this would be your best choice for a simple Aux-in.
    The Vais SLU will work and you can add an additional device.
    http://www.vaistech.com/slu.html

5. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

One point in favor of the Toyota factory 6-disc changer is that it can handle MP3 discs. I made a disc of SIX albums -- all encoded at the ridiculous rate of 192kbps -- and I had room for about three more. Nine albums times six discs makes it about a 54-disc CD changer...

6. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Absolutely, I had a 10-disc changer installed with my car... It is not hard-wired into my Prius' audio system, but rather it has a built in radio transmitter that has a selectable transmission frequency, and then I tune the radio to that frequency to listen to the CD player, and the sound quality is EXCELLENT. I just hav it on 88.5FM and then programmed that as one of my radio presets, Ill add pictures to this post later.