1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a difference in audio jack on the jbl radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ralphbongo, Sep 10, 2006.

1. ralphbongo

ralphbongo New Member

Here is the question. I have a 2006 package 4 with the single disk radio and aux audio jack. Pluged into this is a delfiskyfi 2 xm radio. I have no ground loop trouble and the audio is clear as a bell. Others have ask what i did as there radio with a package 5 or above makes noise without the ground loop protector which also limits there hi freq. response. Does anyone know why there is a difference in the two radios ? MY GUESS WOULD BE input impedence is different between the 2 radios but i don't know. galaxee does your other half have any ideas?

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have the JBL system in my 2006 #5. I usually play music, audio books, etc. from my Creative Zen Vision M and I have noticed no problems at all.... high end has been clear too, and that's considering that I augment the sound w/ the player's equalizer as well.

3. ralphbongo

ralphbongo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Sep 11 2006, 07:25 AM) [snapback]317641[/snapback]</div>
    Do you use the 12 power from the vehicle or run the zen on its batterys ?

4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Batteries......... it gets about 17 hours playing music, so I didn't even buy a car charger to go with it. Gets about 5 hours for movies and other video, so thats longer than most of my trips. Sorry this isn't much help. :blink:

5. ralphbongo

ralphbongo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Sep 11 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]318083[/snapback]</div>
    The problem only happens when both the audio and 12 volt jack are used on the same device. Thats why people think its a ground loop problem....who knows

6. DrewMcKnee

DrewMcKnee New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ralph b @ Sep 12 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]318519[/snapback]</div>

I have an '06 package 6 and I can confirm that I do have the the interference with the input jack and the power supply working simultaneously on my Delphi XM2Go unit. The problem goes away when using the battery and the audio input, or when using the power and the radio transmitter. I have read from other threads that it is in fact a ground loop problem. That is strange to learn that you do not notice the problem with your system. I can not imagine that Toyota would use a different audio input jack?

Sorry Ralph, not really an answer, more of a confirmation and a reinforced puzzlement.