1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there room for a baby/child seat in the back of the Prius c?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Denbo, May 17, 2013.

1. Denbo

Denbo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone know if they plenty of room for a baby/child seat in the back of this? Im leaning toward a Prius C vs normal Prius. But im reading how cramp it is in the back for 3 adults, so im just wondering how well a baby seat would fit

crud how do i change the title of the thread.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You can get 2 baby seats in the back no problem.

carolD and CordynChaim like this.
  3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Click on Report at the bottom of your first post, fill in the reason, and one of the moderators will probably do it.

4. Jake123

Jake123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I bought this car with that in mind. It is safe, the rear doors are large, and it has the special car seat attachments.

CordynChaim likes this.
  5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I happened upon your thread and fixed it for ya' :)

ztanos likes this.
  6. MotorcycleGoat

MotorcycleGoat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My niece just had a little baby girl a few weeks ago. I picked her up in the Prius C from the hospital to take mom and baby home. If its one of those rear-facing infant seats that has a separate base you buckle in to the car, then the car seat/carrier clips on to the base...its a pretty tight fit. We put the car seat behind the drivers seat and I had to slide my driver's seat forward PLUS adjust the back of the seat to vertical so that there was room behind me for the infant car seat/carrier to fit. Keep in mind I am not tall...about 5'6" and I was uncomfortable driving in this position. Anyone taller would not be able to make it work.

So, that was my experience. Just using the car seat/carrier portion, it fits much better. When its clipped on to that base though, it moves the whole assembly forward by several inches.

One of my step sons is in a booster and that works OK...other than the dirty mess they leave on the back of the front seats...they fit OK. Just keep in mind that some of those infant car seat carrier combos are gonna be a tight fit.

7. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Depending on the car seat, placing it in the middle position will give you more room for adjustments on both front seats. That's where we placed it, plus that is the safest spot in the car according to the police officer in our newborn class. It's more difficult to take in and out of the car but I'll choose safety over a little grunt work.

PriusCinBlack likes this.
  8. MotorcycleGoat

MotorcycleGoat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I think that would really depend on the child seat... there is that hump there and unless the child seat has a concaved base, I don't think it would sit flat and secure. But, that's just my observation with the child seat I had available. I agree that the individual seat will dictate what works best...

9. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We had to use one for relatives small 6 yr old and had no trouble fittin in or using with a third passenger. We could have easily travelled a 100 mile trip.

10. iGo13.1

iGo13.1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Forward facing seats will allow more legroom for drive and front passenger. Rear facing infant carriers, even more so if you're using the base, will be tough on the front riders.

MotorcycleGoat likes this.