1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It just needed spark plugs, engine air filter and inversion service Yay!:)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by swPrius2002, Dec 4, 2013.

1. swPrius2002

swPrius2002 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure where to post this so, here goes!
    OMG I was mortified when all the lights came on...the Red Triangle with an exclamation point, the battery symbol, the PS, the Brake light, the Check Engine light....:( I think there were more but don't remember all of them now....

I have a 2002 Prius with only 76k miles on it. Love the little thing....what a great car it's been!

Long story short, after several hours at Pohanka Toyota in Salisbury, MD (an hour's drive for me because I recently moved to a remote area of Delaware and didn't really know where to go or what to do) ( I feared the worst, that my little hybrid was dying with all those warning lights!) God I was hoping and praying that it didn't need thousands of $$$ worth of repairs or worse that it was not repairable!

I bought it when it was 5 years old with about 18k miles on it. It's the first Toyota I've ever had and hope I'll have it forever now :)

2. kutcht1

kutcht1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As far as the inversion service what did they do? Change the fluid?
    Tomk

3. swPrius2002

swPrius2002 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When they came out to the waiting area to tell me what they had to do because of all those warning lights, they said it needed a tune-up (spark plugs, engine air filter and the fuel induction service.) I did ask "what's that?" when they mentioned the fuel induction service. Since they could tell I'm just a girl who knows nothing about these things, they basically told me there was gunk built up in all the whatchamacallits that had to be cleaned out ( since the car never had a tune-up before, just regular oil changes, it made sense to me lol.) I don't remember all the terminology that they used.

I did not watch what they did because customers are not allowed in the service building so I'm taking their word for it. My bill was $400 and I was elated that it wasn't thousands :)

JMD likes this.
  4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats, lucky break

5. swPrius2002

swPrius2002 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! Prayers and luck ... a good combination sometimes :)