1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I've got the Bluetooth Blues for my PalmCentro!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BassInstinct, May 21, 2012.

1. BassInstinct

BassInstinct Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Palm Centro used to pair no problems with my '08 Prius.

Then, I picked up an iPod Touch 4G which I leave in Bluetooth on position to use with some other non-Prius stuff (keyboard etc). I have since shut the Bluetooth off the iPod Touch. No pairing with the Centro. I have deleted the phone profile. I can get the Centro to recognize the Prius as a trusted device but somehow the Prius will not even create a new profile now for the Centro.

I've spent hours on this thing and it's driving me nuts! I know how to pair a Blue tooth - but this is a wrecking ball. BTW, the iPod Touch uses 5.0.1 iOS.

Would appreciate whatever suggestions are new besides delete profiles on both device then try to re-pair.

2. dianeinreno

dianeinreno Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the Prius is not seeing the Centreo then it sounds like the Centreo is not in pair mode. Bluetooth devices have to be placed into pair mode in order to output a special signal that the Prius or any other device will pick up and recognize. For to the Centreo manual and see what steps you need to make the Centreo itself discoverable in pair mode.

3. BassInstinct

BassInstinct Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    OK - the fix is in. For this one, it is to while phone and Prius are in pairing mode - set the Prius BT panel to "Connect" NOT "Auto-Connect". Once the connection has been made THEN set to Auto Connect. Also, for me with Verizon, it involved making a phone call from my phone just to have the "Connect" mode hold. Then, everything worked fine.