1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

June 30 - Prepare to Prepare

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by hill, May 28, 2010.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If I'm not mistaken, they said that the June email would explain how the ordering process will work. August will be the actual ordering, probably with another deposit and possibly with a contract. I think they said somewhere that they will have named "authorized" electricians to do the electrical installation, which rubs me the wrong way, unless they allow us to use an electrician of our choice. I have one here who I trust. At some point before ordering, they will want us to have an inspection to make sure the electrical installation is feasible, and to give us a quote on the price.

People who want real-life data before buying the car (a reasonable precaution) should wait a year. First-adopters always take that risk. People need to decide whether the risk is worth it, rather than complain that when you are the first to buy a car you don't know how it will perform!

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well since no one really knows, i will put in my conjectural 2 cents;

june 30th; reconfirmation that we are still interested. dealer selections. test drive scheduling

july 31; finalization of package, color selection, dealer choices, etc.

aug 31; will be set up for home inspection, qualification for home charger program etc.

sept 30; scheduling and installation of home chargers

oct 31; good faith deposit for purchase and start of loan paperwork if needed.

nov 30; start deliveries. with WA State being first since we are closer to Japan and most importantly...because i am here, which as far as i am concerned, is the only thing that really matters

3. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Good point.

Being an early adopter is a little bit of adventure. Adventure without some risk, is not an adventure ...

4. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Thats a good schedule.

Have something happen every month - that will give them a lot of buzz and free publicity continuously.

BTW, I'm surprised at all the publicity Leaf is getting at MacWorld.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/steve-jobs-live-from-wwdc-2010/

"I pulled one ad in process which was a Nissan ad. They're going to use it to advertise their electric car, the Leaf. They were hesitant to have me show you, but I convinced them."

"So now we've got this cool navigator on the bottom. It spins the car. The only way you'll be able to get one of these is through this ad on the iPhone. So if you want to get a Leaf you need to get an iPhone..."

So, he is actually selling Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Leaf (the above statement is for a free Leaf) - is Leaf now "cooler" than Apple products ?

5. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The Leaf is not "cooler", however, when the iPhone App comes out to start the Leafs pre-cool/pre-heat, and to adjust the charging timer, and to show "notification" of "charging completed", or to show "percentage of charge (SOC)", you can be sure Apple will showcase the app as one used to control a "real world product", and "isn't this the coolest iPhone app ever?"

It's a real world practicle iPhone App, and there are not really that many of them, I know, I own and iPhone 3GS (soon to be the iPhone 4 most likely), an iTouch, and I have played with the iPad as well...

6. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How about today's email...."Prepare to prepare to prepare. Oh, and by the way we opened a plant in Smyrna and there was this bicycle race in California".

7. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    They just want us to be well prepared :D

Still, beats the monthly newsletters from Aptera ...

8. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I doubt anyone but a few "select" people will even see a leaf in 2010. My prediction is to get delivery in the first half of 2011 you'll have to buy some $5K option that is worth a few hundred dollars. I do know that Ford is going to be giving away, mainly with federal funds thousands of chargers that will report back to them and utilities the charging habits. Hopefully Nissan will do the same. Good luck.

9. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    This would be one easy prediction to prove wrong come December.

BTW, some Leafs were seen in the wild today ...

My Nissan Leaf Forum • View topic - 2 Black Leaf's Testing in Phoenix 6-10-10

[​IMG]

10. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    A good hypothesis is testable, I wouldn't want to put out anything there that is tough to verify.

Good pic of the leaf. Ugly as it is, lots of people will want one if it works. By few will see one this year, I did not mean to include prototype test cars or photos on the internet. There will be photos and reviews when the car starts being delivered in Japan. AFAIK production won't start until at least September, and first roll out in the US is planned at the end of December if everything goes right. They are going to keep most of those first cars close to the factory in Japan this year.

11. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    And you know that, how ? What do you mean by "few" anyway ?

What you are attempting here is commonly called "FUD".

12. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Nissan says that they have japanese capacity of 12,000 through the end of their fiscal year 3/2011. They will start production in september. Given that production needs to ramp up and US customers will not get the first cars, according to nissan, I would expect less than 1000 cars delivered by dec 31, 2010. That is 20 per state, of course some states will get many more.

I could give you some real fud, but I am supportive of electric cars. Would you call it fud if I told you that the car will will not have 100 mile range at 100 mph when its below 0?

13. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    So, basically you are not following the story and decided to just make up stuff.

BTW, they are starting production in October.

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2010/_STORY/100611-01-e.html

14. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    There will be at least 4700 delivered by the end of the year, the Leaf is being used for "The EV Project", that project has a limited life and is counting on those 4700 test cars in the 5 markets, plus a ton of chargers and support equipment is being installed to support them. I believe there will be many more than just those 4700 delivered as well.

The EV Project » Home

15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did you leave something out? Coughing up the $30K + !!

I'll guess that happens before you get your charger installed. I guess you're thinking oct 31/deposit/payoff comes AFTER you pay for charger install? Seems like you'd poney up FIRST for the car ... not the charger. We'll see.

16. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    You would have to get your charger installed before taking delivery.

Charger permits and installation takes time. If you want to get that done after taking the car - you would have to keep Leaf in your garage for a few days before you can start charging it .... like it happenned with Mini-E drivers.

I'd definitely want the charger installed well before Leaf comes home.

17. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    that might be your plans as for me its 110 BABY!!! no charger install for me

1 person likes this.
  18. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. Hate to break it to you DaveinOlyWA, but the first one is going to Lance right here in Austin. I hope you get yours soon.

Whatever EVNOW. You seem to enjoy making rude sniping little comments and making stuff up about members of this forum. I really don't know if its a lack of reading comprehension, lack of civility, or simply an inability to think.

If you had actually read my previous comment it said september at the earliest, I just didn't include the disclaimer again. This was the Leaf production date stated by nissan in numerous interviews. If you think that yesterdays press release that production will start in october would increase the number of Leaf's delivered to US customers in 2010, please show me your reasoning. If there is information about production or allocation of the leaf I'm interested, that is why I'm reading this formum. EVNOW here is my challenge to you, give me an estimate that is much higher than mine and reasoning that backs it up. Then lets see who is right when the numbers roll in.

19. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    No - it is mainly the ability to see FUD - because of long experience dealing with people like you in forums. Unlike you I don't make personal attacks.

The below is all I can find that you have said ... what is your "few" in actual numbers and the reasoning that backs it up ?

I call the above FUD.

20. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Let's see you said I spread FUD, said I had no information and was making things up. I would say those are personal attacks.

I on the other hand gave you information that Nissan and other sources have stated and put out that few meant less than 1000 delivered in the US by 12/31/2010. I stated I didn't know what your problem was, but speculated that it may be lack of ability to read. If you read previous posts you can see the answer. Again you act like its not easy to find. I'm not sure how you can call me labeling your insults to me rude, as a personal attacks. I leave others to decide if your tone is helpful to discussion.

Again if my estimates scare you or cause you uncertainty or doubt, tell me what your numbers are?