1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

June 30 - Prepare to Prepare

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by hill, May 28, 2010.

1. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Give us the links to backup that claim.

Even though that is hardly the meaning anyone would attach to your original claim.

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It was quickly given when you asked. There was nothing misleading in my comments. Instead of waiting for a response you decided to snipe and insult my motives and character. I'm fine if you characterize the numbers differently.

I am not going to write a long response justifying it. I have worked on many product launches, including autimotive. If you have something constructive, fine. If you have a number so high that it makes my numbers look like I'm spreading fud, put them out for all to see.

3. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Just throwing a number is not justification - that you demanded I provide. You have neither provided any justification for the number you picked out of thin air - nor in any way how the below statement is the same as the figure "1000".

Saying you were involved in some other launches is irrelevent - except perhaps auto related. Do you work for a competitor of Nissan ?

Since, you like playing games - let me debunk the above statement. Anyone who wanted to see Leaf was allowed to see Leaf in 2009/2010 when they were on a tour. Here are my photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Not at all. You'd just have to use the 120-v slow charger until you got the L2 charger installed.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Speaking of chargers, I wonder if the June letter was the one we got for dropping $99 to schedule a charger assesment.

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I do not understand the above.

$99 was a deposit we paid to get on the waiting list for a Leaf. It is refundable should we decide not to order the car, and I presume it will be applied to the price of the car should we buy one.

There is no charge to schedule the charger assessment, but there will be a charge of $100 when the assessment is performed. This will be deducted from the price of the charger if we go ahead and have it installed.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes ... but I'm just wondering ... Nissan said there'd be another 'message' in June. So the email came, notifying us we can sign up for the charger assessment. so I was wondering if that constituted the "June Message".

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh, I see. Well, I assume this was the June message. Of course, I don't really know any more than you do. But they promised a message, and we got a message. So I figure this was the message.

As usual, the actual information was minimal. Some folks have said they don't think they need L2 charging and L1 would be adequate for their needs. Nissan says L1 is "emergency" charging. Question not answered: Will they sell a Leaf to someone who does not get the L2 charger? We don't know.

9. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    The EV Project hopefuls (like me) haven't got any message. So the largest block of people likely to get cars in December are yet to get a message ....

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Many of the Dealers are scratching their heads ... still wondering what's next. So if they're in the dark, it only seems fitting we'd be groping around too.

11. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Interesting! I got the email a week ago!

Maybe, since the EV Project is going to install the chargers free, there is no $100 "assessment" and therefore no need for this email to them (you).

:confused:

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    P.S. -- I just called their customer support line. CAVEAT: The people on that line have given conflicting information in the past, so take this with a grain of salt. Here's what he told me:

The number in the subject line of the email confirming my assessment appointment means nothing. The place in line for delivery of a car is determined by when you made your $99 deposit, not by when you got on the original mailing list, and not by when you get to the dealer to order the car (which will happen in August). Actual place in line cannot be determined by the agents on the customer service line. 25,000 cars will be delivered in December. The emails to schedule the charger assessment are being sent out a few at a time, so if you've not gotten yours yet, not to worry; you will before June 30.

I repeat that the C.S. line has been unreliable in the past, so don't put too much stock in any of the above.

Note also that I was unable to schedule my charger assessment from the email itself, as the links didn't work. I had to go to the Nissan site, log on to my account, and schedule the assessment from there.

13. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow - isn't that at least 10,000 more cars than they originally planed on delivering by the end of the year?

14. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes - no need to pay for assessment. Also, the chargers for the EV Project will be made by (and the project is handled by) ECOtality. Nissan's partner to install EVSEs for a charge is Aerovironment - a different company.

BTW, shouldn't AV change their name ? It is not an easy name ...

15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  16. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Not really. This is what they are known for ...

The EV Project » Home

17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    One of the big problems with H2 fuel-cell cars is that fuel cells are monstrously expensive. I have a functioning toy fuel cell car. It's big enough to carry a mouse, if you could train the mouse to stand on it. It has about half the power you'd get from a D cell battery, and after deducting the likely cost of the very cheap chassis parts, I figure the fuel cell itself cost about $100.

That's fuel cells: A hundred bucks gets you about half as much power as a D cell.

On the other hand, it uses sunlight to make H2 and O2 (very slowly) so it is environmental. Maybe an hour under a bright light produces enough fuel to run the car for a couple of minutes.

18. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    More like 17,500 more. But note the caveat: The customer service line has not been a reliable source of information in the past. I report what they told me, but warn not to put too much credence in it.

19. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Ofcourse, if you used a rechargeable battery instead of the fuel cell, the car would run for 6 minutes. That is the main problem why fuel cells will never take off, unless the source of energy is not renewable.

People keep talking about how much energy we get from Sun - but they don't tell us how diffuse the energy is.

1 person likes this.
  20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Hell we dont. i am not buying a charger. i will use 110. PERIOD. i will get a car PERIOD.

there is nothing and i mean nothing that says we have to buy a charger from them or anyone else. a hard wired 220 volt source will do L2 charging. does not have to be from any particular source.

there is a lot of discussion over what this charger is. its nothing more than a transformer providing power at a certain level of voltage. it doesnt even control the current. the car takes care of that