1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought a Prius v. How did I do?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by TeamD, Oct 13, 2015.

1. TeamD

TeamD New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just closed the deal on a Prius v, model 3. As is the case whenever I spend a lot of money and take on debt, I wonder how I did negotiating the deal ( I've never considered myself very good at this).

So here is the deal:

2015 Prius v, 3 - just 2 miles on the odometer
    Leather seats added - 2 small kids and a dog, only way to go

Sale price of the car: $25, 732

This does not inlcude tax, but does include $2,300 trade in allowance on my car which had a KBB value of $1,500

Believe it or not, the payment is less with the cash incentives than it was with the 0% financing so no special financing.

For what it is worth, he showed me the factory invoice which was over $28k. I'm not sure if that is a legit measure of success or just dealer gamesmanship.

Did I do okay?

Of course I am excited about the new car, it is in a totally new direction for me which also makes me a little nervous. This is the first car I have ever owned that didn't have a good ol'american V8 and gets more than 15 mpg. Despite my past auto history, I have always considered myself green and decided it was time to step up and do more to reflect my beliefs and help make the world a better place for my 6 and 8 year old. It will get a trip or two a year from North Carolina down to South Florida ( about 1700 miles round trip). The gas savings alone on that will cover a month or two in payments!

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats, i think you did excellent! all the best!(y)

3. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Enjoy your new car, I bought my Avalon 2 years ago, don't remember exactly what I paid for it, I thought I got a good deal at the time, but it really doesn't matter.....so relax about your decision and enjoy...

sdtundra likes this.