1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought a used 2008 Prius with XMRadio...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bchboymike, Mar 19, 2012.

1. bchboymike

bchboymike New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    XMRadio plays...I don't have a subscription. Maybe prior owner bought a lifetime subscription?

I bought the car used from a Toyota dealer. I don't want to mess with fate but is there any way for me to find out what's the deal?

2. billinmd

billinmd Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    A trial period is often included both with new and used cars when purchasing from a dealer.

- Bill -

2010 Toyota Prius V w/ATP (8/10 build) - Barcelona Red w/Dark Gray Leather

iPad ?

3. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    If it wasnt a reputable Toyota dealer it is simply possible the last owner hasnt canceled the XM account yet. They bill quarterly so its possible that they already paid and just didnt feel like calling and canceling. Regardless, if it continues on longer than a month or so consider yourself lucky.

4. doogster

doogster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd like to say that last Feb (2011) I bought a used Saturn and it has XM radio in it... its been working ever since - over a year now... don't know what the deal is... hoping it continues.

5. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Probably best to lay low. If you call Sirius/XM you might find the unit no longer working.