1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Got my PC3 last night, I hope I am not going to regret it.

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by DebNY, Aug 30, 2013.

1. DebNY

DebNY New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all:

I have been reading this forum for a few weeks. It has been a lot of help.

I just bought a new 2012 leftover silver PC3. I am pretty sure I got a good deal. 21k walking out the door. I got it for the gas mileage. This is my first hybrid. I traded in my 2012 Hyundai Sonata. I am always nervous when I spend a lot of money! I hope I will be able to adjust to it. I haven't driven something this small before, so far I really like it.

I passed on the alarm and extended warranty. Does anyone have any comments either way on those two extra's? Thanks in advance.

Deb

2. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

What are the conditions that you won't like it ?
    - its highly reliable
    - gets 48 mpg
    - adequate if not corvette fast
    - nice driving. if want improvement, disconnect the front antisway bar (not removed, just disconnected, and it turns better.
    - will carry 4 people
    - low maintenance
    - and quiet despite what CR said. I have audio noise mesurement instrument and its quieter than my vette - or truck, both are quiet enough for good HD listening.

PS as all eco gurus (CR and H. Clark) advise the alarm and extended warranty are $ wasted, the alarm might be useful if you live in a crime area.

DebNY likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! i also passed on the alarm and warranty. buyers remorse? no worries! you're sure to have a great experience, i have for almost 10 years now. all the best!(y)

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you'll be fine!
    You did well to pass on the warranty and the alarm.
    The Priussy is a great car and if you drive it long enough (don't trade it in in 4-5 years when you're tired of it) then it will be a very economical car.

If you ever get the itch to club up to a bigger car?
    Think: $30 fill-up.

Good Luck!

DebNY likes this.
  5. VirgilCane

VirgilCane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am pretty sure my Prius C was one of the best decisions I ever made. I got the 2 with no alarm and I do work in a high crime area and all day long drive to the worst neighborhoods so I do regret that, though with 20 years in the field I've never had my car broke into so not really. Plus I figure the hustlers around here are looking for something sporty and either red or blue. I originally bought a warranty and then thought it was a bad investment so I got the 2500 refunded. I'm very happy with that decision. So far this has been the best driving experience of my life.

DebNY likes this.
  6. johnhlong

johnhlong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a 2013 Prius c (trim II, basic) two days ago.
    It had 20 miles on it (I put 17 of those miles on it test driving it).
    $20,078.17 out the door. It took a Costco discount and over 7.5 hours at the dealers showroom to get that figure.

The first night I lost sleep over worrying about the purchase.
    Last night I slept like a baby.

After driving it for a day, you will have to pry it away from me to take it.

First long drive, 105 miles total (city, 60 miles of mountain canyon, the rest freeway).
    The car showed 57.4 MPG avg. It also showed I saved $11.06 in fuel cost over my old 2005 Saturn VUE.
    On one 30 minute stretch, the gas millage bar only dropped once below 100 MPG and that was only down to about 90 MPG.
    I have a picture of the "ECO savings detailed display" to confirm my claim.
    I then filled the car up again, hand computed the average mpg and it confirmed those figures.

Total cost for fuel on the 105 mile trip, $6.87. PRICELESS !!!

John

DebNY likes this.
  7. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    +1 to all of the above- this was my first real "new" car, and I have (unexpectedly) put on 20,000 m in the first year. I am considering some sort of additional warranty package, but I don't feel as urgently about it after a year of wonderful service and comfort!- no to the alarm as well.

8. johnhlong

johnhlong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Prius MPG.jpg
    Here is the photo.

DebNY likes this.
  9. Element27

Element27 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I love my PriusC!
    The more you drive it, the faster you leave your worries behind.

DebNY and cyeremian like this.
  10. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    the more I drive the C, the more I like it. at first it was just a commuter box but now it's more than that.

DebNY and Rob.au like this.
  11. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2013 Prius C 3. Love everything about it. I bought the car knowing it would not be a substitute for a sports car so I don't complain about the lack of power. In fact, it has great power for passing on the freeway and zipping around town. Love all the technology for the money. Love the blue tooth streaming music. Love the gas mileage. I think the only thing I would add would be tint for the rear windows. I think I will always own a Prius...

DebNY and ftl like this.