1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just installed my 2nd user enginer 4 kwh kit.

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by glyndwr, Dec 14, 2012.

1. bartonramos

bartonramos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ..., I was on a budget so RFE had to do, I got as set that supposedly did not have much use, and I plugged it in once, just to try it, and it behave well.

I'm in a familiar situtation: cell 16 overcharges and the adjacent cell is probably bad too. Where can I order some replacement RFE pouches?

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nonexistent.
    And hard to buy used pouches since they will not be quantified.
    Plus not every pouch will fit in every position of the pack anyway.

I'm inviting all Engienr user to come to a users summit in Wisconsin this summer.
    It will be a place to buy/sell parts, rant, get ideas.
    Enginer Users Summit. July 19, 2014 Madison, WI Buy parts. Sell parts. | PriusChat

You may want to make the trip and see if anyone else has what you need.

3. 2007blueprius

2007blueprius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got mine on this forum shipping is a pain has mat, ended up having a truck driver pick them up for me the man that sold them to me met him at a truckstop,
    regardless that is the least of your concerns, you need a way to balance them first, I built a zephyr, jason got some high teck stuff, most do it manually thou I don't see that as a sollution, paciffic ev has a direct replacement system but pricy, that should be your first priority, what you could do for batteries afterwords, break down the packs, they are made of 16 blocks 4 cells each, if you know what you are doing, or I could point you to some good readings, you can make a 16 pack out of 3 cells selecting the better ones, if you got a good management system you'll get much more out of 3kw than Enginer ever got out of 4 kw.
    get that done first than think about buying cells, they wont do you anygood otherwise you'll just keep on cooking lithium