1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just picked up my 2012 Prius two!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Noel van, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Noel van

Noel van Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Traded a 2007 GL450 with 73k miles on the clock for an used 2012 P2 with 17.5 K..... I think I got a great deal at $22.5k for the P2, out the door... Curious to find out what others feel/ think about the price.
    Was skeptical and reluctant at first to make the trade.... But after driving home +/- 70 miles @ 47.6mpg I am thrilled! Despite being the base model the car is nicely appointed.... Not as quick as the GL of course but heck, I was able to keep up with FWY traffic 65-75 mph without an issue.... I don't miss the juggernaut!
    BTW any input on to buy or not to buy an extended warranty will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

PLSPUSH likes this.
  2. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium Tree Hugging Environmentalist Wacko

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Kelley Blue Book and NADA both put clean retail at $22,225 with that mileage and that's without tax and title, so I think what you paid out the door is a fair price.

Given the reliability rating on the Prius, I vote no on the extended warranty, but it's up to you if you would like a $2k security blanket.

Welcome to Prius (and PriusChat). Enjoy your new ride. I know I am. :)

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

4. Noel van

Noel van Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks everyone for your input and warm welcome.... Yes I will enjoy the new toy. image.jpg

5. Noel van

Noel van Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One more thing, the dealer tried to sell me on a dealer installed alarm system, started at $765 and dropped the price down to $465 ... I didn't bite.
    I did notice that the salesman plugged a little device under the dash/ steering column to deactivate the alarm, does anyone know if the alarm can be reactivated?