1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Took Delivery

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by stevemackie, Nov 16, 2011.

1. stevemackie

stevemackie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Just took delivery of our new 2012 Prius v Base in Magnetic Grey. Wife drove it home from the dealer and I've only taken it to the coffee shop and back, but what a rig!

It's our first Prius; feels like a game of how-long-can-I-keep-the-engine-from-running.

2. 2sk21

2sk21 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    This is my first Prius too and I also can not help play the EV game - keeping the EV light on as much as possible. I find that its pretty easy really - just need a light right foot :)

3. Flyman

Flyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It is addictiuve trying to keep the mileage high. Just try not to drive like some of fellow Prius owners, holding up traffic and trying to keep out of the power range entering the freeway, coasting to a stop from a block away, ect. I have wanted to strangle a few myself. Lol

1 person likes this.
  4. SDprius3

SDprius3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can't wait to play that game. I bought my Prius last Saturday. Still waiting for it to arrive. Dealer said Monday, most likely Wednesday and Friday at the latest. You would think they would have a better tracking system. Maybe I should have waited on paying until I actually got the car?

5. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    And the ironic thing is, it's actually inefficient if you accelerate too slow or try to only use the battery to come up to speed. Those slow pokes are not only holding up traffic, but they're not accomplishing what they set out to do! I found this thread very informative http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-fuel-economy/44642-pulse-glide-accelerate-fast-slow.html

6. DragonflyDM

DragonflyDM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That is funny. I bought my Prius v yesterday (my first Prius and first new car) and I know what you mean but I find myself obsessing about the mpg. I eventually just had to turn the real-time mpg meter off or I was going to drive people crazing on the road.

The other issue is perception. In my Camry I would often think I was driving 55 or 60 only to discover I was up at 80 or 90mph. It is just such a powerful engine that is silent and beautiful (but horrible mpg). I have caught myself twice today thinking “Wow I must really be flying down the road†only to find out I am driving 50 mph.

There is a lot of adjustments in the “feel†of the drive.