1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just took one for 2 hour test drive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ronald56, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Ronald56

Ronald56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks everyone for the replies on my color question. It seems I have narrowed it down to silver pine mica or the super white. I really like the mica, very sedate but the white I think is really very visable - a safety issue. I really need to see them next to each other to decide.

Anyway, I took the car on the highway, drove about 50 miles, put it on cruise and just drove (like I would going to work). Other than the SUV who I don't think ever saw me (close) it was very enjoyable. I wish I could have driven one with the leather (I am getting #6). The steering felt controlled (I think - I am not a professional), it took the bumps well, even getting onto the highway was fine. The engine gets pretty loud under acceleration, but I din't find that awful. Two observations: 1] coming off a high speed road and onto a stretch of 30 mpg speed limit - I never saw the engine come on for at least a mile - at 35 mph, I didn't think that was possible, and 2] I can't see where there is an up or down adjustment on the seat - confirmed by the dealer. Is that possible, one height fits all??? Again, thanks for all your help. Any responses would be appreciated. - Ron

2. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 16 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]463131[/snapback]</div>
    Hello Ronald56, glad to hear your day went well. So you enjoyed a nice test drive and have narrowed down two colors, and I must say two very different colors.... we purchased a new '07 Silver Pine Mica Touring Prius (Tampa, Florida) and love the color and the vehicle. And YES, you will find some "oddities" in the Prius just as most of us others have found out sooner or later. Actually my Wife and I found our first one, just as you did, the first 30 seconds of our test drive.... the lack of driver's (and passenger's) front seat height adjustment. To me this is a really stupid "omission" by Toyota.... come one, how much more money would it cost Toyota to make at least the Driver's seat height adjustable ???? You will read in this PriusChat Forum MANY complaints about this !! I don't know how much you are familiar with NAV systems, but the one in the '07 Prius is "just okay", I mean it's just about average in MY opinion. But still MANY think it's great, while others prefer an "add-on unit like Garmin, TomTom, etc. even though they have the stock Toyota NAV. My Wife and I were spoiled by having a fantastic NAVI unit once in our Acura, a vehicle we actually traded-in toward the new Prius. So all that aside, are you going to have to wait long for delivery of your new Prius ?? Can the Dealer locate one for you with the color and option package you want (package 6 I think you mentioned?). I also think you said you wanted a GRAY interior, a wise choice (again MY opinion) as the Bisque is much too light and is very difficult to keep clean in certain cases. We also think the gray just looks "better" with the black dash and all the black plastic on the top of the doors, under the windows, the console, glovebox, etc.
    GOOD LUCK with your purchase !!