1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Katzkin leather questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Rosie2124, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rosie2124

Rosie2124 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So we are having leather and heated seats installed on the 2012 Prius Three that we just bought and I'm 95% sure that the dealer sends it to a place that uses Katzkin. My first question is what color leather would you recommend for the 2012 with the dark grey interior? It looks like the Four that has the Softex has a dark piece on the center consol and steering wheel to match the dark plastic, but the seats are lighter or two toned. Would the Katzkin use the dark pieces for the same areas and slightly lighter pieces for the seats or is it all one color? I want it to look as factory installed as possible but I don't want two tone seats and I want the leather to match the appropriate parts of the car. Should the leather match the dark plastic or the original color of the seats? I'm not sure I will have a choice, but was interested in other people's experiences.

Also, I know that there was someone who had a 2010 with what seemed to be Katzkin installed and there were 2 large noticeable zippers on the backs of each of the front seats. Is this the way it will look on the 2012?