1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kenwood DNX-9980HD ECORoute KNA-EC100..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by banshee08, Jun 27, 2011.

1. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey all,

Just about upgrade my Navi unit from my old Alpine to the Kenwood 9980HD and was wondering if anyone has used the ECORoute Bluetooth ODBII device yet. I was wondering if anyone has had problems with using the device with a hybrid.

Thanks,

Chan

2. cleansky

cleansky New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was thinking of using it with my 9980HD. There is an OEM Kenwood EDBII devive, but from what I've red online, Garmin's ECORoute is the same but it is significantly cheaper. Then I just looked on what I will get on display compared with my Torque app on Android phone and I decided to use the phone instead (OBDII BT module was something like $20 on eBay and the app is updated frequently).

3. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Cleansky.. I ordered the Garmin EcoRoute HD for $80.00 on Amazon. That is $70 less than the Kenwood and it looks like it has been tried and true. I am currently using two ScanGuage II in my Prius and wanted to cut down to just one unit and the Kenwood 9980hd for the basic information. Will keep this thread updated when I install this Saturday.

4. banshee08

banshee08 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just wanted to update this thread. The Garmin ECORoute HD was installed along with my 9980HD. All I can say is the bluetooth dongle and software in the head unit is not ready for prime time yet. I get disconnects and a huge lag in data on the display. I will be removing the ECORoute dongle next time I get in there to install my new steering wheel control module.

The Kenwood DNX-9980HD is a vast improvement over my Alpine IVA-W505 and even a huge difference from my DNX-8120 in my Altima. Well worth the upgrade for me especially with the sound quality. I even when as far as tuning the Prius with a RTS to get as neutral a sound as I can get. The built in Time Alignment is tricky but very effective. My system without any amps sounds so much better. One big complaint I have is the LED backlight screen is way too bright for night time usage, even turn down all the way.