1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kia officially launched 2011 Optima yesterday - and announced HYBRID version will arrive in 2011

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Kia Optima Hybrid Coming in 2011

[​IMG]

2. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Nice! The Civic hybrid is crying right now!:p

3. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    the rims are fugly and tasteless

please change them kia

2012 model year subaru will have their hybrid

4. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    All these auto makers coming out with hybrids and electric cars are a few years too late. Where were they 2 years ago when gas was $5/gal (US)? Now that gas has stabled for the last 2 years they just started making hybrids? I realize that that they need time to R&D. They should have started their R&D back in 2004 when gas reached a record high back then of $2/gal(US). If they did, they could have launched the hybridmaniac in the summer of 2008 when gas was at a record high. There would have been more variety of hybrids on the road today.
    Better highway mileage better suits American driving styles? how about keep the 39mpg highway and up the city to 45? Better yet, how about make a vehicle dedicated to achieve the best MPG, say over 100mpg without plugin? Many auto makers make dedicated sports cars to achieve the fastest acceleration and not include the basic amenities to reduce weight like a radio or something.
    So far all these automakers are building cars trying to compete with the Prius. They've all failed. If they a car that gets over 60mpg, Prius might be in trouble but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

5. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  6. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did you read the first post? The Sonata and Optima hybrids are designed to compete with the Camry and Fusion hybrids not the Prius. That car is currently in development and will come later. Hyundai has become a force to be reckoned with. When they do release their Prius competitor I would expect it to be a very interesting vehicle.