Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. TGB4 2014 Prius Convention Hotel Discounts are ending this week. Click for more information. All Access registration with personalized items ends Sept 1. Register now!

Kudos to Toyota for legroom

Discussion in 'Gen III 2010+ Prius Main Forum' started by Kips, Jun 8, 2009.

Social Buttons

1. Kips

Kips New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I really wanted to buy a Generation II Prius but there was not enough legroom for me. I am hardly a giant at 6 feet 2 inches. Nevertheless, I could not get comfortable behind the wheel. I even considered buying one and having the track that the seat rides on moved backward. However, I didn't like the idea that I had to pay for a new car and right away spend more money to modify it. So, I waited two years for the 2010 Generation III Prius.

This past Saturday, I got a call from my local Toyota dealer letting me know that they finally got a demo in stock. I drove over immdediately. I hesitated getting into the vehicle, fully expecting to be disappointed after my long wait. I figured I'd end up with a Ford Fusion Hybrid. Anyway, I am pleased to announce that the 2010 Prius has loads of legroom! I don't even need to put the seat back all the way on its track. Thanks Toyota for getting it right. Maybe they realized that the U.S. is populated with a little more in the way of body size and shape diversity than is Japan.