1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Last drive of my 2001 Prius First Generation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by scorpionjwp, Dec 28, 2005.

1. scorpionjwp

scorpionjwp New Member

Having being one of the first in Cincinnati, OH to drive the first generation prius to hit the road in 2000, I believe my investment was well worth it.

I have a good 5 years with the vehicle, around 2000 most people didn't know what I was driving. Between the 5 years I owned the Prius, 200 people have stopped me asking me about it and or how I like it.

There was a few problems with the Original Prius, one minor one being no cruise control on the vehicle, which really sucked on long trips to Columbus.

I did experience a my Prius having a breakdown, due to faulty ecu's and programming. Yes even my car had to programming glitch found on some of the 2005 prius models.
    What Toyota learned from my car about the faulty programming, they applied the software patch to mine, then to other Prius's that had the same issue.

Since the Holidays have passed, my father took my car down to Kings Toyota a few days before Christmas to have it appraised. Two days before Christmas, I found out at work, my father came by to tell me, I have a new car, old car traded off and will be making payments.

Tradein wasn't bad either, $9,500 put down toward a 2006 Prius. I got my Favorite color, black, and it had package 7 also.
    Now just have to get used to not having to put key into ignition and cruisecontrol, but other than that I'm happy.

If anyone in the Cincinnati area or live in Milford, OH, if you see a silver prius with license of: CMP 9698 Please wave or honk your horn, the Old first Cincinnati Prius is going for it's last drive before it's traded in around 6:30 PM tonight at Kings Toyota,

2. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

wow.

Congrats on the new car. You'll enjoy the added toys I'm sure

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How many miles on it?

5 years old and $9,500 seems a bit low given the interest the Prius is now generating, even the first gen model, but depends on the mileage.

Did you do any checking to see what it might be worth if you sold it yourself rather than trading it in?

Congrats on the new '06.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I sold my '02 with 55K mi. on it a couple months ago for $16K to the first person who looked at it.

Congrats on the new one!

5. scorpionjwp

scorpionjwp New Member

The car had at least 85,000 miles on it before I traded it in. I have the new one in the garage right now, I am going to play around with alot of the Prius tomorrow.

6. BeachDriver

BeachDriver New Member

I purchased my pre-owned 2001 Classic Prius with 115k miles on it for $9,500 from a Toyota Dealer last month.

If the dealer gave you $9,500 for your trade with 85k miles, you got a really good deal!

Much about the inflated prices that people are paying for the Prius is manufactured hype! When I was shopping in October-November every dealer I walked into had 2005 models in stock, at below MSRP! Some shady dealers were still trying to sell me on the "shortage" and "waiting list" bunk, but the reality was and still is that there are plenty of them.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congrats on your new car. I have a friend who traded his 2001 in on a 2004 as soon as the '04 became available (actually ordered it 5 months before it became available). I have another friend who still drives her 2002 because both for financial reasons and on principle won't trade in a car that new. You're going to love your new car!

8. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

I had no interest in the prius until the 2004 styling came out.... I think they look much cooler than their oedecessors... :p I just love the way they look....so distinctive... even the dark glass section of the liftback reminiscent of the old Honda CRX was an endearing feature... love it ! we can only imagine what future models will turn out like ??

9. fleubis

fleubis New Member

Congrat's on the new Prius! I just traded my '03 Classic in for an '06 last week. It was well worth the wait. By getting an '06, we both should likely experience fewer problems, like the software glitches they had with the '05, since the new model has been in production now for a couple years. Biggest change for me is having a car that doesn't use a key!

James
    2006 Seaside Pearl #7