1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest News related to Prius Supply & Demand

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by momo, Aug 5, 2009.

1. momo

momo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    2010 Toyota Prius Facing Battery Supply Problem, Australian Sales Still Strong | The Motor Report: Auto News And Reviews

"PRODUCTION OF THE third-generation Toyota Prius hit its first hurdle this week with battery supplier Panasonic struggling to keep up with demand."

Toyota, BMW Beat Analyst Estimates, Prompt Optimism (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

"Toyota expects to boost sales in Japan for the first time in five years, helped by government support for sales of fuel- efficient vehicles. The company had received 245,000 orders for the new Prius hybrid in Japan as of July 24. It had a monthly sales target of 10,000 units."

Wondering how would that affect the supply here at US?
    So far, combining June and July sales # in US is about 32000 Gen III Prius.

2. momo

momo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  3. PeteJE

PeteJE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sort of a tangent, but I wonder how corporate accounting will factor in the boom created by the clunkers program. Obviously using the sales surge for future projections would be a mistake. Also, will there be a lull in sales (from "normal" baselines) created after the clunker program ceases, or will normal average demand for sales return?

It will be interesting to see the longer term effects.

4. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am sure there will be some lull but there will be buyers like me who are not in a hurry but are interested in a new car. I am delaying my purchase until the clunker program is over and car dealers are more interested in making deals. That may not happen for some time (a year) on the Prius due to the battery shortage.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    *Moved to News Section*