1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leaf sighting thread

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by cwerdna, Mar 22, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok... let's exclude Leafs that we've seen at a dealer or at Leaf test drive events.

I finally saw one today on the road. It was red one in Bellevue/Redmond, WA in the afternoon. It didn't have plates yet and there was at least one passenger.

2. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ask and you shall receive I spotted this one at the Auto Show on Sunday the 20th of March, here in Honolulu, HI. DSC00622.jpg It is new still has paper plates and the best thing its owned by our electric utility company, Hawaiian Electric Company or HECO for short. Imagine that the electric company having electric cars?

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^ Ha. I intended it for ones to be spotted on the open road.

I'd seen the outside of the Leaf at Tokyo Motor Show in late 2009 and also drove one twice at a Leaf drive event... but those don't really count.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i saw one!!

i notice your list of exclusions does not include one's own driveway!!

but seriously, the floodgates were open...for a few days, then the Earthquake happened, but there is still 1500 pending deliveries and Olympia's 2nd Leaf arrived on Tuesday and its a mirror image of mine!!

5. gasmiser1

gasmiser1 EV Wantabee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Finally saw a Leaf yesterday at my office garage, charging up at our "ChargePoint" EVSE 240vt/120vt dual mode station. I ended up chatting with the owner for about 20-30 minutes. He's owned he Leaf for about a month and loves it. He said he made a point in 2001, after buying an ICE car, that his next vehicle would be an EV :D

6. UsedToLoveCars

UsedToLoveCars Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    At the chargers in front of SF City Hall, there is a white Leaf, with official City of SF govt labels on the doors.

7. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw a red one yesterday driving to work on Hwy 101. Looked nicer in person than I was expecting.

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Are you jonesing for a major "Leaf in the wild" sighting? Anyone in the south O.C. (so Cal) today can REALLY get an eye full. In about 20 minutes (10:30am this saturday ... sorry for the short notice) there'll be a batch of Leafer's meeting up at the Fudruckers on El Toro in Lake Forest. Bring your camera! Ok, if you can't make it ... I'll do it for you.
    :p
    Be back in a couple hours, and check out the pic's !!

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Ok we had 6 at our meeting which should be an easy record to break but ours was 2 months ago!!

Have e fun!!

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Your people killed us Dave, because we had five newbies - sorry for the 11 hour picture delay, but here they are:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In the wild ... only temporarily corralled
    :)

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh you got us on color. we had 4 blues one red and one silver. so you definitely beat us on variety!@!

ya and we cheated. we took EVERYONE from WA at ours including me living 60+ miles away. There was another meet they had last week that had 9 cars at that one. Now there are two in Oly including mine with at least two more coming in the next few weeks. hope to have a good number of them at the Lacey Alternative Fuel Fair and EV rally first week in May

12. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    When was this???????????

I live four minutes from there! I could have walked!

13. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I saw a Leaf today in Carlsbad, CA, driving on a public road with traffic, nowhere near an autodealer. It still had dealer "plates" on it that said "Mossy Nissan." It looked brand new, sparkling. It was blue. It was awesome.

14. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    The only reason u would have walked is to prove u r greener than an EV!!

15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey ! Notice was given . . . . you should have read post #8 prior to the meet & greet.
    :p
    Last Saturday the Meet-up was at Cerritos Nissan. Are you ready? I think we had over a DOZEN Leafs there. They served us breakfast ... sausage, eggs, fruit, juice coffee etc. Leaf nervana, and food to boot. So many leafs that we couldn't get 'em all in the same picture! Pic's are still in the camera. Stay tuned! We are going to meet up at Fudruckers again ... during the Tuesday hot-rod showup. If I remember, I'll send out a PM to you.

1 person likes this.
  16. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here's the local folks during the 4/19 meet & greet last week. There seemed to be 2 or 3 other Leafs around besides the ones in the pic's ... but I never seemed to catch all of 'em in the same area.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Nice!! Now that we actually. Have some deliveries here we need to get another meeting. Going!!

18. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ooooh I'm well excited - just seen my first UK Nissan Leaf on the roads today in my town. It was that dreadful blue colour but the whole car did look great in the metal; so much better than it looks in pictures.

One thing that will amuse my American friends is that it didn't make a sound (the sound is turned off over here) and accelerated away from me very quickly (and silently).

I'll be keeping an eye out for it again soon and am now tempted to test drive one soon. Didn't have time for a pic.

19. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    GC, do you know for a fact the Leaf UK version is completely sound disabled? The U.S. version is simply a button. Press it upon start up & you never have to hear either the relatively quiet forward or reverse sound. That's not too terrible. imo. Just curious.

20. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I see them every day. Several of them. Soon it will be as exciting as seeing a Prius. :yawn: