1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leatherette Seating Opinions

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by lsf5657, Sep 24, 2014.

1. lsf5657

lsf5657 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Just bought a 2014 C 4 with the leatherette seating. Salesman said it will hold up better that leather. Any thoughts on that? Also what are you using to clean these seats with?

2. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    no idea about how durable it will be with the test of time and use, but I just baby wipe mine down once in a while...

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good News: You don't have to sweat stains with pleather seats (pun intended.)
    Bad news: They usually cost too much for the value that they add to the car....but the C-type is a pretty frugal car.

[​IMG]

4. coyote303

coyote303 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Imagine the strongest magnet in the world. That's what my cloth seats in my last car were to my Border Collie's fur coat. So, needless to say, I love the faux leather in my PriusC!

NDcowPoke likes this.
  5. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't mind the softex that's used in the higher trim priuses. It definitely makes spills easier to clean up vs on cloth. Regarding the wear and tear, I haven't noticed any significant creases or deformities in my c that had 19,000 miles before I sold it to my brother.

My brother just uses the wipes you'd use to clean up leather seats with. Said it works well enough.