1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED interior light kit for 2010-2012 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by -1-, Feb 17, 2013.

1. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I found this LINK of a eBay seller from China who sells LED interior light kits (most cars) on another forum. A total of 8 LED lights to include the license plate. Seller has 700 positive responses. Price for the kit is $29 with free shipping. Not bad if they all fit, good quality, and get them all with little effort. I'll report back once I have them and installed.

2. paui

paui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks nice. It doesn't say the license plate is included though.

3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    $29 is a decent price- and being from a single source you have a better chance of the LED colors matching.
    Unfortunately, the seller is using stock/generic photos- one photo shows 17 LEDs, the other shows 14 LED's- the kit contains 8 LED's. You really don't know what you're getting till it arrives :(

Paui's right- it mentions the license plate bulbs- but with eight LEDS in the package- they're not included in the kit.

I used these for license plate LEDS- very natural white (not blue) light from them. They are also short enough that they don't hit the lens cover like some of the other common 194-wedge bulbs and interfere with the socket locking in the base.

Most of the LED's for the trunk light (not the rear seat overhead dome light) aren't bright enough- it needs a tiny 27mm mini-festoon bulb. I ended up using this slightly oversized 31mm LED for the trunk light- it's 9 LED's, give 2-3x times the light output of the OEM incandescent bulb, and is a nice cool 6.7k white to match my other interior LED's.

4. Jerry Mcl

Jerry Mcl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    6 x White LED Lights Interior Package Deal Toyota Prius....22 bucks on EBay....What a big big difference it makes!! Well worth the price.

5. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :) As I stated, great feedback from previous customers. Very little money ventured and I'm a optimist. We'll see how it turns out. If I have to add a couple, no big deal.

6. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Agreed! If it covers the full interior- it's a good deal at $29.
    ...and most ppl don't replace the lic. plate bulbs anyway.

7. detroit11

detroit11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    are these direct replace ? or do they require additional wiring ?

8. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Usually they're plug-n-play, if adapters are needed- they're usually included.

9. 2fastplus

2fastplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just finished installing the 12 piece JDMTOY White xenon LED kit. Oh my God, what a difference! My 7yr old says it looks like a spaceship inside. Unfortunately I broke a tab off the right lens cover which caused a trip to the local Toyota dealer to order a new one.

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  10. detroit11

detroit11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    pics ?
    all just straight bulb replacement ?
    link to buy ?
    thanks

11. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  12. 2fastplus

2fastplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is a straight plug and play replacement. The website is iJdmtoy.com and punch in vehicle type. Every interior light covered to include front parking lights and rear tag lights.

13. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Item update. I received the Prius eight interior LED light kit I ordered two weeks ago. Less than two weeks shipping from China. Quality packaging, documentation, and quality LEDs. All lights fit and worked. Two lights for the front dome light, one light for the rear dome, one trunk light, two front door courtesy lights, and two lights for the vanity mirrors in the two front visors. I realized the two vanity lights were the same light for the rear tag, so I opted to use them there. My Lexus IS has the LED tag lights and I like the classy look. Eight total lights, one vendor, $29 total cost to include shipping. All lights are the same color, bright, white light, fantastic look. Installation took me over a hour, take your time to prevent broken items and unnecessary damage to your Prius.

14. ajalger

ajalger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do they look? Brighter? Whiter?

15. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :cool: Very nice. Several times brighter, white light with no hint of yellow or blue. All lights the same color. I checked the web site yesterday, the price for the eight Prius interior lights is now $5 cheaper at $24.xx with free shipping. My shipping time from China was less than two weeks.

16. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi 2fastplus,

They look like what I have been wanting for a while.. but don't the dome/overhead lights rattle when you drive? It doesn't seem like there would be a way to secure the SMD panels. Heck I can't even figure out how the lens comes off yet w/o busting it!

Thanks!

ES44AC

17. 2fastplus

2fastplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They are very secure using the pre-attached double side tape. Separate the clear lens from the housing on the rear dome to get it apart.

18. Clubber

Clubber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can someone list which bulbs go where, eg, T10, festoons, etc

19. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was at the ijdmtoy page and yikes their kit is salty...$79.99 for the kit. The photos don't show how the panels get their power. I am guessing they use a bulb like substitute to plug into the existing socket?

Seems a lot to spend for them but I'd like to do as many as I can at one time and get it done!

There is no mention of the bulb in the glove-box either, seems I read you have to get a Lexus LED for in there?

Has anyone used the 326 LED JDM kit I am looking at and was the end result?

Thanks again

ES44AC

20. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Superbright LEDS- high quality , not cheap- but accurate colors.