1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED or Xenon Headlight

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by uPredict, Mar 21, 2012.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lenwood, thank you very much for posting the photos! I was interested in seeing the cutoff on the low beams and your high and low beam combo shot was great.

Looking good. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. bens1088

bens1088 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The buzzing sound is normal. All HID ballasts buzz. However beeping is not normal.

1 person likes this.
  3. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lenwood, could you be bothered to get another wall shot with just the low beams but at least 25' away from a wall? I just installed a kit in my GenIII and there is light going all over the place. :( The cutoffs for the GenIII and c that I have viewed are pretty close to the wall and do not show the cutoff bending upwards are either side. On a w of the GenIII pics I can see it starting to bend upwards but then ends at the side of the picture.

I want to see if my bulbs are whack or if all of the Prius projectors look this way, including the c.

Thanks,
    Justin

1 person likes this.
  4. Lenwood

Lenwood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    will do gimme 24 hrs

5. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, man. :)

6. Redcap32

Redcap32 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Where did you guys have your ballasts mounted could anyone share some pictures?

1 person likes this.
  7. Lenwood

Lenwood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    ok, here is a 25ft shot of my lights,ballast mounting left and right side and some new 5w really bright back up led lights

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  8. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! They look like the bow up a little but not much. They appear similar to the GenIII shots I have seen.

9. Redcap32

Redcap32 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Awsome thanks guy for all the help. I ordered some HID bulbs should be here friday.

10. DarkC

DarkC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Saw you posted photos of led/hid lighting upgrades and they look excellent! I've had bad luck with the $35 hid kit I purchased in eBay, after install the left side kept blowing the fuse so I removed and trashed both. What was I thinking, you get what you pay for. So, I ordered quality hid kit (morimoto) and can't wait to instal.

By the way, how in the world did you manage to remove the plastic license plate light cover?? I followed the manuals instruction for removal to instal led but still can't get it off - if I apply greater force I'm afraid I'll break it.

Thanks

11. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    DarkC,

Can you please post some pics of your morimoto HIDs once they will be in place? I wanna get them too, and since yours are on their way, I'm anxious to see yours first. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  12. DarkC

DarkC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sure, no problem. I ordered the hid kit with the relay harness which needs to tap into the positive terminal of battery that is in the back seat so I could not make it work. the Prius III has a positive terminal from the battery under the hood in the fuse box but I couldnt find a similar configuration on the Prius C.

Ordered the CAN-BUS harness, an alternate to the relay harness. When I get it I'll install and post pics here.

13. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, will wait for an update. I was originally debating between relay harness and CAN-BUS harness too, but now it seems clear that I would need the CAN-BUS as well. Can't wait to see the picture. Hope everything will work out for you this time.

14. Redcap32

Redcap32 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I went with a kit from Xenonsupply.com for a Prius Gen III, same bulbs the H11 and they mount easily with a 3m adhesive block. I went with the 4300k and they give great vision.
    Toyota Prius HID Xenon Low Beam Package Deal
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of where I mounted the ballasts and you can see the wiring as well.

2 people like this.
  15. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went with the same kit. Install very similar to yours. Went with 6000k though. Bit blue, like a super white LED. I did zip up the big plastic blocks coming off the ballast. Didn't want them knocking into the fenders.

16. Redcap32

Redcap32 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Actualy a post you made earlier is another topic is where I got the link for the HIDs in the first place. Thank you.

17. DarkC

DarkC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there, here it is, completed installation yesterday of Morimoto - Elite HID system using the CAN-BUS (the capacitor & resistor pack).

First photo is the wiring configuration, connect and install exactly as seen to your headlight assembly - the end held connect to connector which originally connected to your oem halogen bulb. The next three pics show the location on left and right side where I bolted the ballasts (small nuts, bolts, a screws came with the kit). You have manny options where to stick or bolt the ballasts, just make sure it is clear free of other mechanisms like the hinge for the hood and not to obstruct the fuse box or other parts.

The HID bulbs came with red rubber ring that were much thicker than the ones on the original halogen bulbs - I swapped them and installed however it did not pass the wiggle test. I put back the original rubber ring on the hid bulb and found that lightly greasing the lip of the rubber ring made it a breeze to turn the hid bulbs to lock and secured position.

The last pics show the results, very happy with them.

Cheers..

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  18. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks a lot. Looks awesome!!! Will order mine...

19. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Got an email from XenonSupply. They are running a 20% off sale until 13 May. Coupon code: helpmomsee

I am running their Prius H11 "package" deal and it has been performing flawlessly. No ground shadow or flicker.

2 people like this.
  20. sph101

sph101 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the coupon code, just ordered the Pruis H11 package and saved $26.00