1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Less than $3 Nylon alloy center wheel caps in black, white or silver...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Mike500, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    There is a long running thread on using metal electrical knock out plugs for center wheel caps.

Forget the metal ones. Here is a listing of silver, white and black nylon heat resistant ones that are even better, don't corrode with steel on aluminum, and the color is molded in throughout.

No painting needed for the silver or black ones...

GRAINGER APPROVED VENDOR Knockout Plug,Hole D 2 In,PK 10 - Hole Plugs - 1EMR6|1EMR6 - Grainger Industrial Supply

GRAINGER APPROVED VENDOR Hole Plug,Hole D 2 In,Wh,PK 25 - Hole Plugs - 1ELY3|1ELY3 - Grainger Industrial Supply

GRAINGER APPROVED VENDOR Hole Plug,Hole D 2 In,Blk,PK 25 - Hole Plugs - 1ELY2|1ELY2 - Grainger Industrial Supply

If you don't have a Grainger account, you can go to any Lowe's Pro Special Order Counter and have them shipped to you home for FREE.

drowssap, SwhitePC and metro-mike like this.
  2. N2MPG

N2MPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Please tell me there is a picture of these on a car and someone telling us if they fit. The metal ones have to be bent to fit right?

3. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just ordered some from another site, was like $4 for a pack of 25 2.25inch outer and 2inch inner, +$5 shipping...they snapped onto my rims very snugly (now a little more of a complete look to the rims)

I'm just now debating on what sort of center cap sticker I'm gonna order to put on it...

Attached Files:

Mike500 likes this.
  4. drowssap

drowssap Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have read many posts written by you on this forum that have been incredibly informative. Once again you did not disappoint. For selfish reasons....thank you very much for your contributions!

Mike500 likes this.
  5. N2MPG

N2MPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ouch Grainger is $10 to ship.. You said you got from another site?
    Anybody know right off what size to get for stock wheels, or somewhere else to get them?

6. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Just go to Lowe's and order them through the commercial counter. Shipping is FREE.

7. Jason Nguyen

Jason Nguyen New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    did anyone have any luck with these caps on the OEM 15" wheels? i ordered them and tried to install them, but have had no luck.