1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus Reveals CT 200h Price

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ggood, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I am 6"5 and when I drove it it was roomy enough up front. Seating position was low and sporty compared to the Prius.

Its Lexus first attempt. The Nu Luxe is actually an eco seat compared to leather. Someone told me they have zippers so you can change the seats quickly! I thought it was done real well for not real leather, its softer than the fake leather in German cars. Remember this is for Europe really and fake leather is a huge sell there (and cloth).

I've driven both, the CT handles far better and its not close. I've driven a CR-Z manual and the CT is the better handling car too. Pretty amazing for a Lexus. With F-sport parts and the coming aftermarket for the CT, it can be quite the handling car.

Rumors of an optional turbo for the CT are getting louder.:rockon:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, for once the prices are similar btwn Canada and the US (very very rare for a Lexus). The packages are similar except that you guys get the option of PCS/DRCC. Looks like Lexus Canada is still keeping it as a premium option (after the Prius, the next Toyota that has PCS/DRCC is the Cdn$70k RX450h UP package or the $60k GS models)

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lexus using a new type of seat material called 'nuluxe' IIRC. It's not quite like leather, not like fabric. They had it on car at SF show and it seemed nice.

4. UsedToLoveCars

UsedToLoveCars Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The white one up on the platform at the SF autoshow didn't have leather? Sure? It had every other option.

seemed like leather to me. maybe nuluxe is that good.

BTW, no way those wheels on that car would work IRL. They were rubbing on the fenders !

5. Canard

Canard Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just another chime-in here that wow - they've really got a low price on this! I can't believe it's going to sell for what we paid for our GenIII Prius. They will sell every one they can bring in up here, I'm sure.

My buddy's girlfriend has been obsessed with this car ever since she saw the prototype at the CIAS last year; I can't wait to tell her about the pricing. She'll put down a deposit as soon as she can. :)

-Iain

6. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just for kicks, I went to their site and configured one to match (as closely as one can) the options I have on my Prius V w/ nav, which had an MSRP of ~$30K. The CT 200h was ~$40K, or 33% more.

Seems like a big premium vs. the Prius, plus I believe the Prius has a larger interior. Is this the typical Lexus premium vs. comparable Toyota models?

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah but you need the Touring package to get the moonroof so add about $1,500 to $2,000 (cause it includes 17" alloys as well). Still very reasonable though!

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Compare the ES to the Camry lol.

It's gonna be hard to put a hard number on the premium for a Lexus (sound familiar?)

There are a lotta touches that go into a Lexus that aren't found in a Toyota. Some people care (like me) and some don't.

I mean, a lotta small touches went into the Prius to make it feel like a more premium vehicle over the predecessor and in large part it is but unfortunately, the stuff Toyota didn't upgrade is a lot more noticeable than the stuff they did upgrade.

9. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Prior to the Prius, I drove luxury sport sedans (BMWs, Mercedes AMG) and sports cars (Porsches) for 20+ years, so I'm with you on the "touches" you find in premium cars. It just seems like a one-third premium for those touches is a lot (plus it's actually a smaller car, so the premium is greater).

Then again, how much would it be worth to not have all the rattles and squeaks that exist in the Prius? Priceless!! :p

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahh yes. Thanks for the reminder. Harder to keep track with so many members nowadays.

You could say the same for an IS. It's much smaller than the ES but their prices overlap.

11. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What spec shows CT to have a 9.9 gallon tank?

12. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's on the showroom portion of the website under body/dimensions.

13. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well consider the BMW/Mini Cooper. Last time I checked, you pay the same amount for the same leather in a Mini Cooper as a BMW, but you get much less leather.

Most amenities are marked up ridiculously, especially on European luxury models. Lexus has always had good pricing on their packages. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end.

14. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This is a VERY different car than a Prius guys, in fact I don't think anybody would really even cross shop them. The Prius is better compared to the HS250h, the CT is very small, boy racer small...if anything its best compared to the Honda CRZ. Its kind of Subaru Impreza 5 door sized...

Its a great little car, handles very well, elegant and cutting edge feeling.

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I assuming not just the seat size but the fact that the rear seats would have less percentage of the seat area covered in leather than the rear seat of a 4-dr BMW because the expect it to be used less often?

16. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It may also be that BMWs have better vinyl accompanying the leather than the Mini, making you feel like there is more leather than there actually is.

I've always been fascinated by the fact that most BMWs and Mercedes don't actually have leather, below an S class or 7 series, MBTex or BMW Leatherette is standard (fancy words for fake leather), leather is a $1,500 or so option and generally has to be special ordered. So you can buy a $60,000 E550 or a 535i and will likely have fake leather seats...

17. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've never been a fan of "pleather" but a lot of people's rational is it wears better over time with the benefits of leather (easy to clean etc).

Having sat in the CT with the "nu-luxe" and German "pleather" cars neither can fool one used to leather in cars but maybe to those that don't know better. The CT nuluxe also felt more like fake leather to the Germans which has more hard and tough.

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I will say though... MB's Artico leather is the most convincing that I've seen so far.

Yeah... it doesn't quite work when your legs stick to the seat in the summer because of their vinyl properties. MB has replaced their MBTex with Artico man-made leather. It's the most convincing that I've seen/felt so far out of the leatherettes

I still remember when the C-Class offered the leather option but it was only for the front seats. The rear seats were MB-Tex material.