1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

List of known hacks / "easter eggs" ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Brent, Nov 14, 2005.

1. 98clru

98clru Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32 @ Dec 6 2005, 01:16 PM) [snapback]168697[/snapback]</div>
    My dealer service dept says no, cannot cross register our 2 (2nd eta 21july) 2006 smart keys. Anyone in FL or South GA had this done yet? After prius 2's arrival I'll double check w/ service, but it would be nice to know to whom I can refer my dealer to who actually knows. I know the '06 smart key does not match with pre-'06 prius'.

I'm in Orlando but travel to Tampa at least 1x a week, so Tampa a definite option.

Thanks for the help! :D

2. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

3. kassonb

kassonb New Member

Since the older cars retained the lifetime mileage and my dealer apparently keeps track of them doesn't it make sense that the information is still in the computer somewhere on the 2006 model? Does anyone know if any of the hidden buttons on the display (or any other) screen can be manipulated to display the lifetime mileage?
    Thanx

4. narussian

narussian New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeepien @ Feb 20 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]213354[/snapback]</div>
    Has anyone been able to disable the passenger seatbelt beep. I was successful in my '06 with the drivers seatbelt beep, but not so lucky with the passeger.
    thanks.

5. loudlight

loudlight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brent @ Nov 15 2005, 03:54 PM) [snapback]156006[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, everybody.

I can't get this to work at all on my new '07.
    At step 4 above, the speedometer display shows "0 mph"

Anyone know how to get this to work? The beep is driving me crazy! :(

TIA

6. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narussian @ Sep 24 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]324509[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sorry but I just don't understand why everyone wants to disable the seatbelt warning beep - it does turn off once you put on the seat belt.. We've always made it a rule that everyone in the car must have their seat belts on before we will move the car. I does save lives after all, and you can get ticketed if you don't wear your seat belt.

They call it an "accident" for a reason ... not many people plan to crash their car - it usually happens when you don't expect it!

7. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Nov 7 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]345144[/snapback]</div>
    Last weekend when the two burritos in the passenger seat were activating the beep disabling it crossed my mind.

mmichellew and Saulius like this.
  8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Loud Light @ Nov 7 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]345126[/snapback]</div>
    When they said b-on shows on speedometer display, press ODO to cycle to "b-off", they meant on the odometer, not the speedometer.

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Nov 7 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]345144[/snapback]</div>
    Personally, I put on my safety belt because it's the right thing to do, not because my will to resist is beaten into submission by some lame beeping noise.

It's nice to be able to move the car a short distance without having to buckle up, too.

mmichellew likes this.
  10. Newsmom

Newsmom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't have beeping burritos, but my Pug sure does make the seatbelt warning beep go off.

11. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Newsmom @ Dec 1 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]356341[/snapback]</div>
    Oscar, my oldest pug wants to sit in the drivers seat all the time. I have to keep pushing him over. He likes sitting with his paws up on the steering wheel.

12. pkittie

pkittie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That reverse/seatbelt override is the coolest thing! Worked with my 07 baby! I feel like I'm at the Museum of Science & Industry again pushing a bunch of buttons and things :)

13. wesj49

wesj49 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Loud Light @ Nov 7 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]345126[/snapback]</div>
    Had the same problem with the passenger seat until I sat in it and performed the procedure. So put something heavy in the seat or get somebody to sit in it.

For those who complain that the beep shouldn't be turned off, I remind you that the blinking warning lights still work and that turning the beep off is not advocating not using seat belts.

BTW a seat belt extension left in the stationary end disables the beep too.

sneitzert likes this.
  14. adaviel

adaviel Junior Member

I found some of these from the tech manual, and by playing. Then I found at toyotanation.com that there was already
    a list here. But hey, I've got pictures. :)
    http://andrew.triumf.ca/prius/egg.html

The memory dump (flight recorder) and E2PROM displays look interesting; anyone know any more ?

re. seatbelts - more to the point IMO to signal the driver that kids in the back are unbuckled - you can't see them. But there's no sensors there.

Andrew

15. sincitymedic

sincitymedic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nobody has found the Nav hack/override yet? It's gotta be in there somewhere.....hhhhmmmmmm

16. dentedwheel

dentedwheel New Member

I did the Reverse beep override and the seatbelt beeps no longer work. I didn't do anything extra to disable the seatbelt beeper. I am glad that both are gone.

Please don't worry about me, I picked up the habit of putting on my seatbelt as soon as I enter any car. When I drive I always ask my passengers if their seatbelts are fastened. Mostly because I drive like a psycho.

On a related note, since I purchased my Prius, I feel more relaxed behind the wheel, more serene. I seem to smile more often, and I even feel the need to wave to people. Huh, weird.

Saulius likes this.
  17. cbadland

cbadland New Member

What drives me nuts about the seatbelt beeping on my 05 Prius, is when I stop the car and unbuckle (say at a drive-though bank) the seatbelt will keep beeping even after I put the car in Park. I don’t necessarily want to disable the warnings beeps of an unbuckled belt, or reverse, but I sure think the seatbelt warning should stop once the car is in Park!

18. sterman42

sterman42 New Member

Ok I'm a goof (at this point that is better than what my wife is calling me)

While experimenting with the Nav system I ended up reseting the system and the system wants a differant DVD. It will not go back or forward just sits there asking for me to insert a differant DVD . I suspect it is looking for a Japan DVD rather than a North American one.

Does anyone know what to do next or how to have it accept the DVD I have? Frustrated I took it to my dealership and dicovered they want over $4000.00 for a new one. Not going to happen.

19. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sterman @ Apr 15 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]423747[/snapback]</div>
    I might believe $250 (US) or so, but not $4000 (even CDN!).

20. FUUFNF

FUUFNF Forum Lurker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the nav hack didn't work with my '07. :(