1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LoJack vs PIP built in tracking

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by SKrueger, Mar 24, 2012.

1. SKrueger

SKrueger New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    OK so my insurance, like most, gives a discount for LoJack, but I don't know if they will accept the built in tracking thru Safety Connect in the PIP Advance as an alternative. Has anyone else had dealings with their insurance company regarding this and did they accept the built in tracking for a discount.

2. denali

denali Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I mentioned it to my insurance company when I bought the car. They seemed to have a pre-built package based on the make/model already. I will say that my insurance went down by a small amount which was unexpected, so perhaps the tracking services had something to do with it. I was driving a late model Civic sedan before the Prius, so it wasn't some expensive to insure car.

3. moolman

moolman Member

All insurance companies will give you the same discount for the tracking device, LoJack was the standard and only thing available for the longest time, so you see it listed more. I just had to send in proof it was active, meaning the subscription and got the small discount.

4. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I brought this up with my insurance agent, who initially asked for some certificate of proof that I had a tracking device. I told her that all Prius Plug-in Advanced had Safety Connect w/ vehicle tracking and that Toyota's website says as much. In response, she noted my account to have someone verify my claim that it is standard on the Advanced.

5. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just received my insurance package and there is a tracking device discount for my Plug-in. Apparently they verified it applies to all Advanced trim Plug-ins, since I did not have to submit any proof.

6. stacey

stacey ☆☆☆☆☆

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What insurance company do you have, if I may ask?

7. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    AIS Insurance is my agent who I actually dealt with, but the actual insurer is Mercury Insurance.