1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Long Road Trip in a Prius....Very Impressive car!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Mike Rosenzweig, May 22, 2013.

1. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Although I'm not a Prius owner (yet), I did have the opportunity to rent a new 2013 Prius 2 with only 200 miles on it from Avis. I ended up, in 8 days, putting 3200 miles on it (I have unlimited mileage with my Avis account). I was extremely impressed with the 3rd Gen Prius. I've rented the 2nd Gen Prius before, but I really liked the 3rd gen Prius a lot. During the course of the road trip, I averaged approx 49 miles per gallon per the total trip meter in ECO Mode. This included lots of L.A. and Seattle area stop and go rush hour traffic, climbing and descending steep mountain passes, and driving approx 80 mph on long stretches of road with AC on, and carrying lots of stuff too! I found the seats to be very comfortable, as did my wife too. I love the layout and cargo carrying capability. This car was so fantastic, that we decided that we will buy a Prius (most likely a Prius 4) within the next 3-4 months to replacing my trusty but aging Mazda 626. I'm living in the Seattle area, so my main question would be is the finding of a good dealership, as I have little experience with dealerships in general, as I've only bought cars from a family friend dealership in Socal long ago. Looking forward to getting my own Prius very very soon :)

F8L and Les_PL like this.
  2. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a new Prius 4 with 1200miles on it.............. luv it and avg 54-56 mpg (y)

3. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    (y)

4. KennewickMan

KennewickMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Buy it in L.A. at Carson Toyoda for the best deal.............................

5. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well...as you can see from my profile, I ended up buying a new Prius four yesterday with Sunroof option package. The comfort of the Avis rental Prius that I had for the 3200 mile road trip was more than enough to sway me to replace my old car sooner thqan expected. Being a geeky nerd techie...I love all the high tech gadgets in the car. Looking forward to many many years with this car, and if all goes well, my next car will be a 2023 Prius...LOL!!!

F8L likes this.
  6. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the new purchase, I love mine so it's easy to see why you'd want one too. Best way to test a new car is do what you did, rent it first and drive a long way. That way if you hate it, you don't have any payments, just return it! :D

ES44AC

7. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats I also have a 4 w/ solar pkg make the inside of car feel bigger with sunroof

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! I drive it over a Rockies every year and love the mileage and the space!