1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Long-Term Toyota Driver- Buying a C-Max

Discussion in 'Ford/Lincoln Hybrids and EVs' started by Scooters, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Scooters

Scooters New Member

I'm a long-term, die-hard Toyota Guy. I've probably owned more than a dozen new ones over the past 40 years.

I now have a RAV4 and was looking to go a bit "greener" and save some "green" each time I go to the pumps.

I really, really tried to talk myself into a Prius V. However, the seating was too low and I just couldn't get my arms and legs adjusted correctly.

Anyhow, I test drove a C-Max and loved it. It is very unique, It has the cockpit of the new Escape (the car I started to look at), yet is smaller in the front and rear. My wife now drives a Venza, so I don't need the RAV 4 for the Home Depot trips. The real selling point (in addition to come cool gadgets) was the higher seating position. You slide into the car, rather than easing down into it. The arm to leg ratio was great.

To make a long story short, I've ordered a C-Max. I'm excited about the car, as all new car buyers should be with their investment. My greatest fear is that I will lose the Toyota reliability. My greatest loss is my fantastic service writer at my dealer who has taken care of me for many years. (BTW- He wants to go for a ride in the C-Max after I get it).

In any case, the C-Max will clearly keep Toyota on its toes! It is great to have a choice and competition. It will be really interesting to see what these companies have to offer when I'm ready for my next car in a few years.

--- Time will tell.

2. GrGramps

GrGramps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations Scooter. My wife recently bought the V and we both enjoy driving it, but it would be foolish to suggest this is the car for everyone. I sat in the CMax at a recent car show and was very impressed. Style wise, I think Ford hit a home run - it's beautiful. No doubt you will enjoy your new baby.

Ford has made much improvement in their reliability ratings, so you should be safe.

You do owe us a report on your impressions after you've driven your new hybrid for a week or so. Don't forget us.;)

3. Scooters

Scooters New Member

Thanks. The car is to be "born" in Detroit in about a week. I suspect that It will be here in about a month. I will check back after I get a chance to put it through its paces.

4. acdii

acdii Active Member

Congrats, and I wouldnt put too much worry into reliability, Ford has come a long way in quality. I have one of the first run FFH, and 33K miles, in the past 14 months of owning it, other than a clogged map sensor from a spider making its home in it, it has not had a single problem. Prior to that I had a Fusion Sport, also put 30K+ miles on it with out a single issue. Also the Cmax is not a brand new design, its imported from Europe, with modifications for US safety codes, and uses the Escape Hybrid platform. I just wish I didn't owe so much still on my FFH or I would be getting one too.