1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking at 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by timfox123, Jan 7, 2012.

1. timfox123

timfox123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was surprised that I can pick up like new 2007 Prius for about 12k -13k from several different places. The only thing that is not perfect on the cars is that they do not have the new sexy headlights.

Usually I get a 5k or 6k dollar car and run it into the ground ( my honda accord has 350,000+ miles on it ).

What breaks on these cars? Why are dealers trying to push them off the lot ? I know the Prius "C" is coming but that car has to "ear it's stripes" and being new, it is still going to be a real stack of money.

I used to Sell the Prius back when full list price was 30K and you may be able to get the manager down to list ( most went for 1000 over list ).

A 12,000$ like new prius with 50k miles on it sounds like a good deal. Why would I not do this ? This seems too good to be true however I have 4 to choose from from different dealerships. What is the catch ?

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My 2007 has 58k on it. Nothing has broken. The CD/Radio locked up once, but I was able to reset it and its still working ok.

3. timfox123

timfox123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you

Does anybody have 300K + on theirs and not that many repairs ?

4. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    timfox123:
    I would grab it. I think the Prius is probably one of the most reliable auto's out there. There is a thread on this site re. 300'000 mile cars. Lots to read and interest. Hal

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Make sure that you don't get a salvage car or a flood car.

1 person likes this.
  6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it doesn't come with a warranty then pay a Prius technician to check it out thoroughly before you buy. If it's clean go for it.

7. AceDeuceCoupe

AceDeuceCoupe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I got a pristine 2007, 18K measly miles, $15k; jumped on it so fast I couild not get the money out of the bank fast enough.

I really think that there at so many GOOD Prius on the market, because even the owners that like thier cars are going for the Plug in, and so the old ones, good ones, coming on the used market.

8. pdm66

pdm66 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would SERIOUSLY be very wary of any deal that sounds too good to be true. Gas prices are going back up and so are the prices of any Prius. Salvage cars are all over the place. Around here the 2008-2009"s are with average and even way above average miles going for 18K-22K depending on certification and options. Miles dont really affect the price.

9. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Jump on it quick if its really that low miles. Carfax it for sure.
    But I love my 2007 and so does my wife. Its like a new car still. I could jump in it tonight and drive for 5,000 miles without a worry.
    But I take really good care of it like alot of posters here on Chat do.

Gas will be $4 PLUS real soon and we'll be the hero's soon again.
    If we have to bomb those idiots in Iran gas will spike to $6.

We sure are sheeple in this country aren't we? We let the worlds greediest people lead us around by the nose. Might as well not contribute to those bastards.

10. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2007 Package 2 here, bought new back then.

47K miles so far, no problems whatsoever. Still on the original 12V small starter battery (thinking of pre-emptively replacing it soon), had the transaxle fluid drained and refilled with fresh WS fluid at 40K miles because I'm obsessive about keeping my '07 running like new. Changed the engine and cabin air filters myself (both are 5-minute jobs that do not require any tools) once at 30K miles.

Other than that, my '07 only had its regular 5000-mile-interval engine oil and filter changes. I plan to have the throttle body and MAF sensor cleaned at 50K miles in a few months.

A few years from now when my car hits 100,000 miles, it will have another transaxle fluid drain-and-refill, first-time SLLC engine and inverter coolant replaced. I don't see the assembly-line-stock brake pads needing replacement until well after 150,000 miles.

Best car I have ever owned! I am amazed how spread-out the major maintenance intervals are. I'm hoping to keep my '07 for 10+ years.

If that '07 you are looking at is in similar condition to mine, it will give you many great years of service. I'd grab it. :thumb:

11. mikesarebetter

mikesarebetter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like a good deal to me! I just recently picked up my 08 with 30k miles for 14k...

Was hidden in the back of a Subaru dealership for four months until i stumbled on it and snatched it up.. :rockon:

12. navguy12

navguy12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go for it (with a correct check, of course)....

Bought my '08 last month with 14,000 km (8,700 miles).....:D

13. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2007 with 72k. Power lock on the driver's door had to replaced once. I'm now in need of a 12v battery, I'm on my 3rd set of tires, and now the passenger rear actuator went out. Other than that, my car is brand new (except for the giant scratches from rubbing against a pillar). I could get in my car and drive across country tomorrow.

14. Classic_pri

Classic_pri Former 2001 Prius 0wner

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We just got a 2007 Touring with 35K miles. Loving it, but had to spring for new tires right away. The OE's are V-rated, and apparently short-lived by design. (Who needs V-rated tires on a Prius?) We went for plus-zero General Altimax Arctics since it's snow season, we'll probably get Bridgestone Ecopias or Contis once spring rolls around.

15. babybird

babybird Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bought my 2008 Touring Pkg. 6 in August for about $22k with 27k miles on it and it still smelled brand new. I have almost 42k miles on it now and done nothing but scheduled maintenance to it. Mine was also hidden at a Subaru dealership for months until I spotted it and snatched it up. I couldn't be happier with it. Well I guess I could be if it were a plug-in or had auto-up-down windows on all 4 doors, but let's face it, at that point I'm fantasizing.

I got mine near the height of the last price spikes, but in my case the gas savings pay most of the payments for me compared to my old car. My real out of pocket cost is currently about $60-80/mo. for 5 years, so how could I say no? If you can get something in great condition like mine was (clean carfax, clean toyota.com history for that VIN, clean inspection, not salvage or flood car etc.) for that kind of price, I'd jump on it.