1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a small plastic part

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Scott Lunt, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Scott Lunt

Scott Lunt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    There is a small plastic cover about 1 inch square on my dashboard to the left of the steering wheel just slightly below the drivers window (see attached image). This is obviously an unused space reserved for switches, like the dashboard light cobtrol. I'd like to use one of these spaces to run a wire through (for the GTA car kit), which would require cutting a hole in the plastic cap. I'd like to have a new one to replace it if ever I move the wire, but have no idea where to go to look for this specific part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Your image is not appearing. However if it s the place I am thinking of, many people have done that including myself. Sort of where the dash backlight dimmer is right?

I have my EV switched wired into a spare "plug" in one of the holes. Just go to the dealership parts counter and order some brand new. They most likely will not have them in stock. I think I paid $3 or $4 a piece of them, took a week to arrive.

3. Scott Lunt

Scott Lunt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    fixed the image.

I don't have a dealership parts counter nearby. Any way I could do that online?

Thanks.