1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for lowering springs

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by GraeSack, Apr 6, 2012.

1. GraeSack

GraeSack New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have a black Pc4 on order. Being an old hot rod guy, it'll have to be lowered. I've searched the forum to no avail. Let's keep our eyes open and post sources as soon as they become available.

My experiences with Starlet, Rabbit PU, VW old bug, Civic all have shown me that a little lowering makes a world of difference--along with a few other mods.

All the best

2. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am also looking for my PC-2 lowering springs or even coil overs.

Will this help or hurt drag efficiency?

I am thinking it may help, but of course it will be a bit bumpier, which I am used to.
    Also, will this interfere with venting/cooling of the battery in the back?

3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    being a new vehicle, the aftermarket support isn't quite up there yet.. besides importing the TRD Sportivo suspension from Japan.. there aren't many other options at the moment.. and that full suspension set is about $1170 too.. (about $470 for springs, $700 for shocks)

i'm in talks with another aftermarket company at the moment for suspension parts, but it will probably take a few months before they get the product developed and produced.

4. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    although i too am looking for better or additional suspension components, i am not looking to lower it. i could be wrong but i feel that it might have bumps and scrapes over speed bumps or steep transitions. . i dont know if im just feeling this or if it is true.:confused:

5. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Excellent decision to lower your vehicles. The Prius c is going to be a popular car, so you can bet it'll have a plethora of aftermarket options soon. If you are really desperate now, however, you could try to contact Tanabe, Tein, Eibach, or H&R (though I think they do R&D out of Germany). A lot of those manufacturers are likely already looking for Prius c's to test their parts on, and in most cases will let you keep the for free in exchange for lending them your vehicle. Just a suggestion.
    :D

With a moderate lowering (1-1.5") speed bumps and other humps definitely are not an issue. Steep driveways, however, will always scrape your vehicle if you're not careful to take it at an angle.

6. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    thanks for your reply mac. ive had several prii. they all had tons of clearance, but my c seems, feels, or is much lower. that is my concern. im considering cusco for some upgrades although i think that better coilovers/struts would help the ride the most. i admit im still a little baffeled. but will do something right or wrong

7. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    the car has that rubber piece on the bottom of the front bumper (for aerodynamics) that sits pretty low and it scrapes as it is at stock height even for driveways that aren't that steep.

1 person likes this.
  8. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    ty, squall. i have noteice i need to be a little more careful.

9. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    yup.. i just drive the car as if it was lowered anyway to avoid that piece from scraping too much (i.e. going at an angle over driveways/speed bumps/etc..).. especially if i'm going to actually lower the car further in the future.. might as well..

but i'm used to doing it anyway from driving lowered cars in the past...

10. GraeSack

GraeSack New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just an update. Talked with H&R Springs. Nothing on the horizon. In fact, they didn't know a new Prius existed. Said they'd add it to their wish list. They said they use communications as a method of measuring demand. You might want to give them a call at 1(888) 827-8881. Be nice!

11. spoonf20c

spoonf20c New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    tein was looking for a test car a few mo. ago. I'm sure they will be coming out soon.

12. laxbudda

laxbudda New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I spoke with Tein a month ago. Their rep said they were developing them and to look for them end of August or beginning of September.

13. donny612

donny612 "Captain Jack Sparrow"

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    These cars are already about 5 chili beans off the ground, not sure I would want it any lower...:rolleyes: But that's just me...

SILVERCwSUN likes this.
  14. big pete

big pete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If anyone is in the LA area, Tein is still looking for a car to use as a test vehicle

15. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm already in talks with Tanabe and should be finishing up R&D in a few weeks.. I assume production should be shortly after completion.. so pretty soon!

16. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    cusco has new coil overs for the c. my only worry is timely delivery from them. ive been waiting over a month for my strutbar brace to arrive. every time i call, they just say its coming from japan and should be here soon.

17. ianblake

ianblake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  18. franathan

franathan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Agreed - I've had verrry loww cars in the past - especially my last vehicle which i traded for the C. Looks are 1 thing, but practicality is another. humps & steep ramps were a friggin' nightmare! :coffee:. The C is a Breeze for me now....just the right height - and it still looks sporty & low (y). I ain't goin' through "those" headaches again!:X3:

19. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    exactly well said, hahahahaha!:D

20. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I checked underneath it looks as if this rubber piece ever gets damaged, it's easily removable and can be replaced separately from the bumper.