1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looks like I'm going to be selling my Prius....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bronze84, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Bronze84

Bronze84 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ....rather regrettably!

As part of my job I can have a company car. I've chosen to go with a VW Golf mk7 GTD. Exactly the same as the pic below

[​IMG]

It looks good on paper and should be a lot of fun. I think N. America get the mk7 in 2015?? But it has been available here in the UK since spring 2013.

It comes with a 184bhp 2.0TDI engine which produces more torque than the GTI so in gear acceleration should be superb! I've got to wait until around May for delivery :-(

So, I'll be selling my Pri around then, I can't justify keeping 2 vehicles as I only need the one.

It's been a funny old love hate relationship with the Pri. At times I love the car and can't think of a better car for the job. Yet other times I dislike the car. One thing is for certain though. It's been 100% reliable for me and my family - getting us from A-B in safety and in a hushed manner. I think I lost a little bit of love for it after I had the small accident in it last summer. Ah well she has served me well in the short time I've had her.

Thanks to everyone on this website who have given valuable info when needed - particularly John (BritPrius)

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Let us know how you like the Golf once you get it.

About 4 years ago, when I was looking for my next vehicle, GOLF TDI was one I considered briefly. I actually thought it had the nicest fit and finish of any of the vehicles I was considering. The interior was great.

The problem 4 years ago, was supply and demand. You had to launch multi-state searches to just try and actually get one. Volkswagen actually wasn't very keen on selling you one.

So in the end, I chose a Honda Fit...which I could actually walk onto a Honda Dealership lot and actually purchase.
    Had availability been better, and/or the Volkswagen dealerhsip more supportive of actually facilitating a sale, I may of ended up in a GOLF diesel.

Coming from a Prius, which is what I now own, I'd be curious as to what your comparative feelings were about ownership of both vehicles.

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We will be sorry to see you go, but I am sure we all wish you well, and hope you enjoy your new company car when it arrives.
    There is no reason however that you cannot drop in on PC from time to time to simply say hello or let us know how things are going.

John (Britprius)

Bronze84 and Data Daedalus like this.