1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lot of lights on dashboard while driving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by A.Hakim, Nov 22, 2014.

1. A.Hakim

A.Hakim New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five

i have a toyota prius 2005 mileage114000km,yesterday different lights starts to appear on dashboard.Enginc check light,a triangular exclamation red sign,A car symbol with ! this sign in colored red and lastly (0 likehandbrake symbol but this one colored in yellow.i noticed also the engine delays to switch on electric mode as before.it runs mostly on petrol.i tried to click on the car symbol sign which has lit up but it writes all in japaneselanguage.Can you please help me to understand each sign and help solve this problem the soonest.

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Get thee to a repair shop or Toyota Dealer soonest........

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. When the Prius is READY, look at the inverter coolant reservoir. You should see fluid turbulence within which indicates the inverter coolant pump is running. If you do not see this then the pump has failed (which is located behind the headlight assembly on the right side of the car, as you stand at the front bumper facing the car.)
    2. If the pump is running correctly, then get Mini VCI (which runs on a Windows XP or Windows 7, 32 bit OS laptop) so you can retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The quickest but possibly not the cheapest way to solve the problem is to take it to a dealership.

I don't know how much of a Do It Yourself person you are...or how much a budget you might be on...

The basic alternatives are "Dealership" or QUALIFIED Hybrid repair shop. Or hunting down the codes and trying to launch repair on your own.

Whatever you decide? Or whatever is possible, DON'T ignore the codes. I think it is amazing how many threads get started by people who admit that they got numerous "warnings" from various dash lights BUT continued to drive and assumed everything was OK. Then they end up here with a dead Prius.

If you've got a huge number of dash lights and codes appearing? I would hesitate to guess. I'm NOT much of a Do It Yourself person, BUT I think I'd recommend a qualified dealership and diagnosis.

5. Patrick Wong

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I believe that the G2 Prius was not sold in the OP's country since the car was a JDM used vehicle that was exported. So he is probably going to be on his own regarding getting it fixed.

The Electric Me likes this.
  6. A.Hakim

A.Hakim New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    well i gt it scan ,the code reads P3019 battery becomes weak. I gt it dismounted and we check each module which reads as follows:
    16.7, 16.7 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,14 , 16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 16.7 , 16.6 ,16.6 ,16.6 ,16 .6 ,16.6,16.7 ,16.7,16.7,16.8 .

7. Patrick Wong

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    At minimum, you need to replace the module that measured 14V.