1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Love my Sporty Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by NDzPII, Mar 24, 2014.

1. NDzPII

NDzPII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been a long time Chat reader but I haven't posted until now. I brought my Prius after my brother bought his and raved about his 50 mpg and how roomy the Prius was. So I traded in my BMW X5 for a dark charcoal gray 2012 Prius two back in March of 2012. Since then I've dropped my Prius with the factory TRD springs and TRD rear sway bar. Boy does it handle corners nice, especially taking the 22fwy connector from the 55 south at an easy 75mph. I then added Black powder coded Scion rims 17X7's with 215/50/17 Yokohama's. I lost 4 mpg's because of the weight of the a Scion rims but they look almost identical to the stock black Prius rings. I wrapped my rear lights with red tint. I removed the Hybrid emblem on the rear hatch and replaced it with the red "S" badge. I removed the Prius emblems from both fenders and replaced them with "TRD Sport" badge. I blacked out the blue on both front and rear Toyota badges. I added the Shark fin antenna gray color to match and tinted my windows rear window limo tint, back passenger windows dark and front doors medium tint. I added a Curt Hitch to carry my bikes and lost 2 mpg's.
    The radio sound was basic none JBL so I upgraded to:
    Front door speaker 6X9's Alpine SPS610, had to do a little cutting
    Rear door speakers 6.5 Alpine SPS610
    Subwoofer 10" Kenwood Excelon PXW1000B, hidden in rear storage compartment
    Amp Alpine PDXV9 5 channel amp 100 watts x4 + 500 with a remote bass knob
    Now it sounds sweet. I lost 4 mpg's because of the amp but it's well worth it.
    Yes, now I'm at a whopping 40 mpg's but love every minute of it.

Attached Files:

ptn likes this.
  2. Hybrid Dave

Hybrid Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I love my Prius, too. I don't want to sacrifice mpgs, so I got a set of chrome caps to replace the gray wheel caps that came stock and plan to add led tail lights and shark fin once I save up. The Prius really is a slick looking car, especially in darker colors. Mine is black with black tint, so once I get the smoked led tail lights, it should look pretty nice. I hit 56 mpg today, on the highway with an average of 71 mph driving I95 from Jacksonville and once I hit the city streets to my house I ended up with 61.6 mpg at a 56 mph average over a 64 mile trip. I love it. I even did my share of passing a few cars along the way.

3. NDzPII

NDzPII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dave, you've got some great Mpg's there. I never even got close to 49 mpg even 100% stock. I've hate to admit I'm a bit of a led foot. I drive my Prius like if I stoled it. As for your chrome center caps, you can paint them with black plastic paint to black them out. Once you black out your rear LED's your Prius will be even sleeker.

4. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)I agree. Doesn't take much to make the Prius sportier. Better, larger wheels are a good start. When you lose a few MPG from exceptional fuel mileage, you still achieve exceptional fuel mileage.

5. joeman

joeman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I love my very old Prius, don't have any of the fancy stuff, but it runs great and is a super fantastic awesome wild and crazy car. There is a little body work to be done. But hey I only have 5,780.oo invested.