1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loving the New Weathertech Floor Liners.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Grren4ever, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Hi Folks!

I know there have been tons of threads on Weathertech vs. Husky liners - I basically wanted rubbers mats with better protection than the OEM rubber mats my prius came with.

I was hesitant to buy Weathertech again. The reason was that I ordered a set of fronts for my previous car. They had so called "custom" rubber mats available for my car that ALSO fit the Honda Ridgeliner. Upon receiving the mats, I found them to be a very poor generic fit for the vehicle. Things didn't line up and I was out at least $100. I vowed to never buy Weathertech again and also warned my buddies about this.

After doing my research this time on amazon and the Prius forums, I decided that I would give the Weathertech digital fits mats a try.

It costed 187$ online (Lordco auto parts sells them for $250 even with a discount!) and I received the box today. The mats are thick, yet light and fit perfectly into the Prius. One thing that pushed me towards the Weathertech's was that the Husky's did not have 2 holes punched into the mat for the factory retaining tabs - I read for Husky owners that this would cause the mat to slide forward after use.

Overall I am extremely pleased with the Weathertechs. Since I want to prolong their life, I will probably only use them during the fall/winter season and then switch back to the OEM rubbers in spring / summer. As for the factory carpet mats, they are still in my trunk and still brand new...lol. I doubt I'll ever install them into the vehicle.

Highly recommended. No rubber smell, thick durable construction and seems to be high quality product - worth the extra money IMO. If it ever fades or cracks, I'll repost here :)

Attached Files:

sarir97 and ftl like this.
  2. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I concur. I purchased and sold the OEM Prius-branded rubber mats and replaced them with the Weathertechs. Now, mind you, we don't have snow or any other kind of weather but sunshine in Arizona... I just like the way they look. :)

elementnomore and Grren4ever like this.
  3. elementnomore

elementnomore Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Another vote. I bought just the fronts and couldn't be happier with fit, no smell and construction. I purchased them from priuschat, happy to support this site. Highly recommended!

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk

sarir97 likes this.
  4. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    i agree also, i have had them in other cars/trucks and my family all has them in their cars/trucks. I actually have the front, back and cargo set on order.. cant wait!
    Oh and we get plenty of the white stuff up here in UT so it was a no brainier!

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have those exact mats.

To be honest? I'm kind of mixed on them. When clean, they look great, and they do fit perfectly thus they don't slip.

My biggest problem is that they really don't hide any dirt you track in, it instantly is visible, and while relatively easy to clean, they don't stay clean looking very long.

I would really recommend getting the Protective Spray that Weathertech sells. Help's prevent scuff marks, seems to make clean up a little easier. Doesn't make the mat's slick.

I have to say, they do look great when clean, but if I had to do it over I might get rubber mats.

I also have the Weathertech cargo liner...that is excellent.

6. eidling

eidling Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    (deleted)

7. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    The Electric Me - Thanks, I will try the spray - protectant. I wonder if it's almost the same thing as the armor-all stuff?

8. elementnomore

elementnomore Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Huh, I didn't know about the spray. Yes, they show ALL dirt.

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk

9. sarir97

sarir97 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is this protector spray thing just a gimmick? How often does it need to be applied?

10. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They actually warn specifically against using any "Armor All" type products as they will make the mats slick. Their protectant is specially formulated to not make the mats slick.

Several months ago, but when I purchased my mats and liner they came with a "sample" pre-moistened cloth sample of the protectant. You were suppose to apply it before installing.

I was in a hurry to see the mats in the vehicle so did not apply the protectant and in just a few days I had black "scuff" marks on my mat. They did clean off, but then I applied the protectant, and the durability against scuffing seemed to improve. So I would recommend the protectant.

At least back when I purhased, they were offering a kit, which was a spray bottle of protectant and a spray bottle of cleaner solution. The cleaner is fine, but I don't think it is necessary, I'd think any mild soap and water would be about as efficient, or most often just spraying them off. However, I do see benefit in using the protectant. A little goes a long way, so while the purchase price is relatively high, it lasts a long time.

If I had to do it over, I'd probably skip buying the Protectant/Cleaner kit and I'd just buy the larger bottle of just protectant. Same price...24 ounces more of just protectant.

WeatherTech® TechCare™ - FloorLiner™ and Floor Mat Protector | WeatherTech.com

11. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a gimmick as far as anything is a gimmick. In my opinion the protectant did/does seem to aid in durability of the mats in resisting scuff marks. Maybe the most beneficial thing is that the protectant is designed to dry and not be slippery. Where as your over the counter Armor All would not be. Since the liners/mats are not rubber, they IMO tend towards being slippery. I wouldn't want to use Armor All on them.