1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lower front fascia and pan damage - ideas?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by mmcdonal, Aug 17, 2011.

1. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So, dang it, I went over a grass median getting out of an hour long traffic jam, and this is what happened.

[​IMG]

The clips on the left wheel arch popped out as well, so the fascia is wider on the left side by about an inch. Just the lower clips (one or two).

I guess I will have to get an entire new fascia, have it painted, get an entire new pan, etc. Ideas as to time and cost? I am not reporting this to the insurance company.

:pout:

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Maybe wait to see if the 2012 Prius resculpted front-bumper fascia can be retrofitted on the 10/11 and it'll look like you have a brand new Prius :)

3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Check with a couple of body shops and see what they would charge for a non-insurance job to make it look good from normal viewing positions. No need to worry about perfection for the guy working under your car.

There is also the possibility of a used fascia in the same color as your car. That should be a do it yourself job for person with moderate skills and a little time on their hands.

If the pan is still there, any type of repair that puts it back in service and is reliable is good enough. It doesn't have to be pretty work since the pan is dull black and under the car.

4. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think I will try to repair the pan myself. It is deflected downward with a crease in it (not apparent form the pic, I guess.) I could remove those pieces, have a go at straightening them, and replace it/them.

The fascia looks hideous in this pic, but no one has noticed the damage.

My biggest concern is this becoming a snow scoop when the weather turns.

Are there any online body parts catalogs?

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No crack in paint so see if a paintless repair place can fix it for a nominal charge and make it look totally new.

6. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here's one
    Part Detail