1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Made the Switch

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dupri, Apr 28, 2015.

1. dupri

dupri New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After my TDI was destroyed by hail, I missed the chance to by it back.. Since the TDI was gone, I decided to go with a toy.. In 06 I had the chance to go prius but didn't feel the trans would hold a candle to the DSG in the VW.. I never had a chance to prove out the durability of a CVT vs a DSG because the vw went turtle as the odometer hit 60,500 miles.. VW America said I was 500 miles over the warrantee and so I paid out 5k for a new transmission. They were REALLY sorry about my new car experience! . I wanted to leave the dead jetta at Performance, but this SE version was 30k new.. The VW is worth 5 grand today and sits in the driveway with not 2 but DSG 3 in it.. Since then I was able to buy a solar pri that was totaled because the solar roof was hail killed.. Roof repaired, never looked back.. Hypermiler to the bone Tom.....

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, all the best!(y)

3. lifehouse

lifehouse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry for your previous ride but good to hear sounds you got a nice one. Got some pics?