1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Major Flaws revealed in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Dec 17, 2008.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Major flaw revealed in Internet Explorer; users urged to switch : Christopher Null : Yahoo! Tech

2. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Can you keep a secret?
    As I was reading the article, I was thinking of the MacBook I bought my wife for Christmas.

Currently, we both use FireFox exclusively on our computers.

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    And that is why i use multiple browsers. One browser (Safari) on my MacBook for banking/shopping at trusted sites only, and Firefox for simple browsing around the internet. I don't have to overly worry about Safari since it only accesses the websites for my bank, credit cards, amazon, and a few other trusted sites. If those sites were compromised to the point where malicious code was on them, then i would imagine my money would be gone already :p

Of course, to be extra secure, i really should scrap together a functioning computer from all the spare parts i have around, throw some variant of linux on it, and use it and it alone for banking purposes (to avoid network viruses and those that don't rely on browers).

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A security flaw in a Microsoft product? I'm shocked!*

* Yes I'm being sarcastic.

6. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Using Firefox on a Gateway laptop. I have been seriously considering a new Macbook (hear that TonyPSchaefer:rolleyes:) but the cost scares me a little. I'm trying to do some more research on it and having my laptop crash twice in 2 years while away at school is not a good thing to be happening which is why Apple may get my business if Macs are truly as virusproof as everyone says.

7. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  8. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I wouldn't say that Mac's are virus proof - rather that their security is better than what Microsoft has produced, and by being a smaller segment of the market they aren't targeted as much. Several viruses have been created for Mac's, and while they work, they require the nut behind the keyboard to do something stupid, like manually install them. The key to remember is that no piece of computer software is going to be 100% virus proof or have 100% security, not while your computer is hooked up to a network or the internet. If someone really, really wants to get in, they can most likely find a way. After all, the computers have to talk to each other.

9. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    they posted fix this morning, my work uses it and that includes employee extranet which is how i do EVERYTHING from vacation request, paycheck monitoring, PTO requests, etc... so i updated since i dont have a choice.

my browsers used, FF, Safari and, on this computer as i type, Google Chrome