1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Man Based Global Warming....

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by dbermanmd, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It now appears the 'tipping point' has been reached when it comes to AGW, it is just not the 'tipping point' the 'consensus' was expecting. It will be interesting to see how this is defende over the coming months, from Al Gore to Goldman Sachs, to NASA, to GE, there has been incredible investments made on behalf of the 'science', how will it unfold?

2. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    http://www.warwickhughes.com/blog/?p=344

The Copenhagen climate conference must now be cancelled

December 1st, 2009 by Warwick Hughes
    What can there be to talk about with any certainty – now that the University of East Anglia has stood aside Professor Phil Jones, the undisputed “father of global warming”.
    Let the delegates stay home, save carbon emissions, enjoy time with their families. Give taxpayers a bonus.

My favorite reply:

Julius Stahl Says:
    December 2nd, 2009 at 11:31 am
    Cancel the Conference?
    Dear God, NO.
    This is going to be way too much fun, and a great opportunity for people to see how mad and foolish our politicians are.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

3. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    » 12 Days of ClimateGate and Network News Programs Are Still Ignoring the Scandal
    It's been nearly two weeks since a scandal shook many people's faith in the scientists behind global warming alarmism. The scandal forced the University of East Anglia (UK) to divulge that it threw away raw temperature data and prompted the temporary resignation of Phil Jones of the university's Climate Research Unit.
    Despite that resignation and calls by a U.S. senator to investigate the matter, ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news programming has remained silent - not mentioning a word about the scandal since it broke on Nov. 20, even as world leaders including President Barack Obama prepare to meet in Copenhagen, Denmark next week to promote a pact to reduce greenhouse gases.

http://mrc.org/press/releases/2009/20091202123647.aspx
    Media Research Center President Brent Bozell reacted:“The networks’ silence on ClimateGate is deafening. Scandal, cover-ups and conspiracy are the bread and butter of the media. Yet they have selectively and deliberately decided not to report this bombshell – or any of the incriminating details surrounding the scandal – because it goes against their left-wing agenda.

“To pretend this story simply doesn’t exist is damning to journalism. The so-called ‘news’ media are protecting scientists because it exposes their underbelly. That’s not journalism. That’s a cover-up. And we will continue to call them out for ignoring these allegations and the mounting, inconvenient evidence against them.”

» Jon Stewart on ClimateGate: 'Poor Al Gore - Global Warming Debunked Via Internet You Invented'

Jon Stewart, America's most trusted and comprehesive journalist?

I wonder. if someone leaked E-mails showing that Donnie Osmond unfairly influenced the judges on 'Dancing With the Stars', would it be on the nightly news? And people say there is no bias in the mainstream media - laughable. And the spinners running these 'news' programs and publishing papers such as the NYT wonder why readership and viewership is down.

4. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Totally agree. I've been watching the news even more than normal the past few weeks and I haven't heard a thing about it. It's ridiculous. It's actually amazingly disgusting at how fake the whole "media" is. I feel like I'm in China with the government censoring my news and internet, except I'm in America and it's the media.

2 people like this.
  5. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, it's not wise to think that the truth will tread an easy road.

Climategate, Copenhagen & the Collapse of Climate Change | The Resilient Earth

We still need something they simply cannot ignore. A blockbuster. I don't know what it is, maybe an on air conversion - Oprah confesses she has become an AGW skeptic~yeah, that'd do it. I'm hoping Saturday Night Live has the guts - nah, never happen - or could it?

Maybe someone with a conscience within the commuinty of climate scientists will spill his of her guts and have the smoking gun that cannot be ignored. I know it's out there. Waiting, waiting...

6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    To be sure, there are internet access restrictions in China, but they have not interfered with my access to the science and ancillary discussions of this issue. I'd also like to disagree with Malorn about the value of investing in science on this issue. But this might not be the best setting for that discussion?

7. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Alllllllllrrrrrrriiiiiiicccccccccccc?

8. unholy1

unholy1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is logic. AGW proponents lack this. Usually, the AGW folks say that such a linear relationship is not applicable because climate change is multivariate. If that is the case, then how can they be sure CO2 can be isolated as the cause? AGW scientists are only looking for white swans. Anything else is either deemed an anomaly or "massaged".

The baseline is that AGW does not exist. Science must prove that it does exist. Any aberrations to the hypothesis automatically disprove the hypothesis.

As for the scientists not being political, uh, ya right.

9. unholy1

unholy1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The mainstream media is too invested in the myth. Any expressed dissent fails to fit into their template.

10. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  11. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Who remembers the Alan Bates movie "King of Hearts?"

It seems the inmates have taken over the asylum! I suggest we let them have it.

12. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Icarus! You quickly changed from someone who was a good contributor to someone who just flamed and suggested we jump off cliffs.

Allow me to translate your post for you:

"Hi! I'm Icarus! I believe in AGW. But, I'm pissed! You guys came in here and literally destroyed the idea of AGW. I don't know enough about the whole thing to dispute any of the 1,000 reasons you guys have brought up to doubt Al Gore Warming. But I'll still pretend to be right and talk down to you and insult you! That'll make me look more right."

One by one you've all fallen. First is Shawn Clark, whose arguments quickly degraded into insults. Then it was F8L. Then patsparks, who was at least funny. Alric is the only AGW left who can make a good argument. Where will you fit in?

13. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I never suggested anyone jump off a cliff, I was suggesting to jump some place else,

I stand by my point, we will leave the asylum to the inmates.

1 person likes this.
  14. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There's a 'point' there, Ickes?

It seems to me some inmates have been cured of their delusions and can safely fly home to live in Monny's basement on a trial basis. The realist/theraists remain behind to help others who may drop in for treatment. If you have a relapse, we'll be here to help. It appears you may still have some slight issues.

Buh bye, good luck and God bless.

15. 2010PriusV

2010PriusV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I wish I could stay up until 1:39 AM and edit posts like ufourya. I have a job and must get out of bed in the morning.

16. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow that was a fantastic point! I totally believe in AGW now!

17. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This has jumped the shark, closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.