Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

Map display

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lighthouseguy, Mar 28, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. Lighthouseguy

Lighthouseguy New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My navagation map display is very faint and cannot be seen in daylight. I've fooled with brightness & contrast controls for the display, but none effect the map. Any suggestions?
  2. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

The screen is HORRRIBLE in direct sunlight. Way worse than any of my other Prius'. It needed to be on an angle or something. I dunno!

I too played around with my contrast and brightness buttons today and it did brighten things up, but I didn't check the map yet.

I think we will all need to invest in a screen visor or something lol!
  3. Lighthouseguy

Lighthouseguy New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Solved. A young techie at my Toyota dealer checked to find I'd adjusted the map display properly (Map > Options > Map Settings > Day/Night Mode > Automatic) but that Display Settings were wrong: (Setup button > Display > Adjust Contrast/Brightness > Brightness, full +, Contrast, Full -) I'd put Contrast at Full +. Wrong!
    1 person likes this.
  4. UnSurreal

UnSurreal Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    ^ thanks for the tip.