1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

March Meeting in Metuchen, Sunday March 25th

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by iDonna, Mar 2, 2007.

1. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Soooooooooooo...........

Can I interest anyone in a March meeting, say at 1:00 p.m., Sunday, March 25th at the Cornerstone Cafe in Metuchen?

http://www.cornerstonenj.us/index.php/pg=directions.html

Meet at big parking lot that faces Cornerstone. Make sure your cars are washed (lol). We can spend an hour looking at each others mods and then hit Cornerstone for refreshments at 2 p.m.

I should have my 2" hitch by then, do a review of the iPod Integration kit that I personally installed...

:)

-Donna

2. robertm

robertm Junior Member

Well, you beat me to the punch. I was going to suggest meeting at Chutney Mary's/Manor on Route 1 in South Brunswick on that same date. Any chance of changing the venue? The restaurant has a terrific weekend buffet.

Rob

3. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I might be able to do the 25th in Central NJ.

4. smitty

smitty New Member

Sounds good to me.

Although... I'm a newbie... not much more than stock with EV. Was thinging a custom paint job with flames or something... decided not in the end.

5. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smitty @ Mar 15 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]406203[/snapback]</div>

Oh! The paint job is triggering The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" inside my head. :blink:

What's really fun is to see what everyone else has added. I think between all of us we have all the mods and then some. It's a really nice group of folks. You'll enjoy it.

My hitch came (it's still in the box in front of my desk!). They sent a package of Jelly Bellies with the instructions! :lol:

-D

6. smitty

smitty New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Mar 15 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]406212[/snapback]</div>
    I like the idea of the hitch. I'm sure it will be sweet. The idea of a light weight trailer keeps coming to the fore... hmmm... have to have a place to carry the bike... multi-fun-c-tion. What flavors? Standard or Harry Potter?

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I won't be making this one, either. :( We're have brunch with the in-laws. All things being equal, I'd much rather be at the meet.

It's too bad. I might be the only one who hasn't made any mods to his car. :D

8. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can't make this one either :( (really, I DO have a Prius) - I'm committed to doing an open house for another agent in our office since that was the only Sunday my kids didn't have soccer games. I'll be at 1054 Colfax Ave in Pompton Lakes, NJ from 1-4 PM if anyone wants to stop by... :)

9. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    my usual- will try~!

good thing we didn't plan anything for saturday 3/17!!!!!!! :lol:

10. randreed

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I might be able to make this one.

What's the street address to put in the GPS?

11. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Mar 20 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]409217[/snapback]</div>

http://www.cornerstonenj.us/index.php/pg=directions.html

The Cornerstone Cafe & Bistro
    25 New Street
    Metuchen, NJ 08840

12. robertm

robertm Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Mar 20 2007, 07:28 PM) [snapback]409236[/snapback]</div>

Ok, my wife and I can make it to the Cafe& Bistro.

Next time can we meet at the Indian restaurant? B)

Rob

13. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robertm @ Mar 21 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]409706[/snapback]</div>

If the majority would like to meet at the Indian restaurant, then please, change the venue. It's closer to my house ... although I'm not hung up on distance since I drove all the way north to hang with Reed.

whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me.

14. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, the snowstorm last weekend screwed up my kids' indoor soccer games (closed the schools where they play Saturday as well), so the playoffs and championship games all have been shifted one weekend day. After much begging and pleading, another agent offered to sit my open house on Sunday so I could coach both my kids championship games Sunday (if they make it through 2nd round playoofs on Saturday - my son's tema will likely do so since they are undefeated, but my daughter's team may also make it).

Still cannot make this meet, but I'm posting to correct that there will be no Prius at the open house @ 1054 Colfax Ave in Pompton Lakes, NJ on Sunday, 1-4PM.

15. robertm

robertm Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Mar 21 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]409813[/snapback]</div>

Let's stay with the Bistro as I went to the Indian restaurant last night for my anniversary.

Rob

16. randreed

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Mar 15 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]406212[/snapback]</div>
    My propeller hitch-cover broke when I backed into a snow-bank :( Oh well - I just got my iPod kit today - now I have to go get an iPod - :rolleyes:

Hey Donna,

Should I bring my ramps and tools? Is there a place there to do your hitch?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Mar 20 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]409236[/snapback]</div>

Ok - got it - what time are we meeting there?

17. smitty

smitty New Member

:(

Awwwww, man.

Looks like I'm locked into a Chuck E Cheese party for the lunch on Sunday.

I'm in for sure the next time around.

All the best,
    smitty

18. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Mar 22 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]410622[/snapback]</div>
    Oh no! It was so cool.

Ooooo. Yes if you could bring them that would be way cool. Their parking lot is huge so it shouldn't e a problem.

I thought 1 pm would be convenient enough. Sunday should be good weather wise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smitty @ Mar 22 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]410644[/snapback]</div>

Bummer. Remind me to find my stack of CeC coins. I have a bunch around here somewhere and it's not likely I'll be frequenting that place going forward.

19. smitty

smitty New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Mar 23 2007, 08:07 AM) [snapback]410778[/snapback]</div>

So, you're saying you don't want my left over CeC loot? I've been to CeC 2 times in my life. It's fun to watch the crumb-snatchers running amok. If they served beer and let the grownups take turns wearing the mouse outfit I might be more motivated to go. :p

Are you the primary coordinator of the NJ chapter? From what I've picked up so far you and Reed seem to be the drivers.

I'm really interested in seeing what folks have done with their Prius'. I suppose by the next gathering I'll have added something new. Thinking BT Plate, Window deflectors, cargo liner, trailer hitch in that basic order.

Thanks for the invitation.

Be well,
    -smitty

20. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smitty @ Mar 23 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]410830[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smitty @ Mar 23 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]410830[/snapback]</div>

Oh no! Not I!

I'm a Gemini and thus thrive on socialization and communication and just happen to have a Prius (hence, this group). IOW, it's just a personality thing. :blink:

-D