1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Margo Oge book Driving the Future

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Apr 27, 2015.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: Stop "Crying Wolf," Over 54.5 mpg Standard, Says "Queen of Cleaner Cars" | TheDetroitBureau.com

With fuel prices down by as much as 30% from their 2014 peak, millions of Americans have been migrating to pickups and SUVs and abandoning compact passenger cars and alternative fuel vehicles. That’s leading some industry executives to questions whether the federal government should re-think the 54.5 mpg Corporate Average Fuel Economy, or CAFE, standard set to take effect in 2025.

Such a move would be a critical mistake, warns Margo Ogo, a former official with the EPA who helped put together the compromise fuel economy rules and who has been dubbed by some “the Queen of Cleaner Cars.” If anything, she says, the tough mandate targeted for a decade from now doesn’t go nearly far enough.
    . . .

The problem is the auto industry is looking for someone to be the villain and sad to say, Margo will do. I have no doubt she will get a lot more trouble in the next few years . . . until gas gets back to the $4/gal range.

Bob Wilson

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lower cafe = higher profits. more money for congress. am i stating the obvious?:cool: