1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD working intermittently?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Njbothwell, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Njbothwell

Njbothwell New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I'm new, sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not even sure that there is something wrong. My MFD always turns on and shows the correct images, but only once so far in the week that I've owned the vehicle has it actually registered the usage, and tracked the mpg. Is this an issue? Should it always be tracking? My father has a newer prius and his starts up every time and tracks the entire time he's driving. Any tips?

Thank you :)

2. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    if you are saying the MFD isn't coming on all the time then its defective, you can find videos on youtube on how to replace it your self with a used one from e bay, if you are saying the bar graph isn't tracking the MPG it resets every time you turn the car off then tracks as you drive.

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  4. eddiesudz

eddiesudz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So.... what's up with the dealer not mentioning this. Wanted 4k to replace ours in our 2007 Gen II. Where can I access this info. Ours died a while back and would live to get it taken care of.

TIA.